or Connect

Posts by AahRee

I don't wash my 7yo unless she specifically asks for my help. There is NO reason your DD's dad would need to wash her, let alone ask his GF, who your DD just met, to do so. That's pretty bad judgment on his part. I'd make it clear that this is something that is NOT to happen again, and I'd honestly be hesitant to send DD over there when the GF was around, if DD isn't comfortable with her. IMO, any touching that makes your DD uncomfortable - especially when it involves...
I guessed 3, but anywhere from 2-6 would not surprise me at all.
I think i'm going to try this this year. I've started novels before (outlines, storyboards... very little actual writing, tho...) and never got very far. I think the freedom to just write, without regard to quality, will be helpful. My username is aahree there also. I'll add you all!
Quote: Originally Posted by fazer6 Anne I would love any tips you can give on getting beautiful newborn pics. Well beautiful pics in general. I look at the wonderful pics some women have from NILMDTS and they're just amazing. Sometimes I'm jealous we never knew what was coming so we never got to savour those last moments of life and get some good photos. fazer, I'm so sorry about your loss. I volunteer with NILMDTS and hate it for you that you...
If we were going to have DD evaluated further to figure out exactly where she needs to be, where would I start looking for resources to do that - does anyone know? Her school gave her a couple of assessments last year (her teacher basically snuck her in, with our permission, to be tested alongside last year's 2nd graders for the 3rd grade gifted program. DD was a 1st grader last year and scored very high for gifted a grade level above her then-current grade.) I'm wondering...
I didn't see the original, but am looking forward to the new series!
Thanks everyone! This is all good stuff to ponder. I am going to have to try to summarize it for my DH, who is a PS teacher... he wants to do what is best for K, but has a strong "keep her with her age-mates and in PS" due to his background. I, on the other hand, would pack her up and travel around the world, homeschooling and distance-learning from the road, if it were solely up to me (and I had the budget to do so!)
We had our parent/teacher conference with DD (7 - 2nd grade)'s teacher last night. Basically, we knew everything she said, but she brought up something we've considered (but not pushed for) since Katie was in Kindy - skipping. She pretty much asked why we haven't skipped her yet. She said she felt skipping K would be totally appropriate, but.... she wasn't sure it would solve our problem. She said that K would do great in 4th grade next year... but she'd also do well...
I'd be shocked if they actually took that image on film. That looks much, much more like a digital image. I think it's not a problem of the "film getting messed up", it's a problem of the photographer not having a clue what they're doing. That is just an incredibly over-exposed image. They apparently didn't meter, or even bother to check the LCD on the back of their camera. I'm so sorry! Newborn portraits are best done within the first week, but if you have the budget...
Quote: Originally Posted by dachshundqueen Please do not opt for knee highs with skirts. Thank you. Liz .... because it's far cuter to go with thigh-highs, garters and a just-below-the-crotch mini.