or Connect

Posts by AahRee

Quote: Originally Posted by joensally DD expressed extreme betrayal about school pretty early on - she couldn't understand why they largely left her to her own devices while she hungered for more but needed guidance and connection. She actually checked out completely last year ... This was my experience as a kid, and it is my *BIGGEST* fear for my DD. My heart is really heavy about it lately.
All of these sound so fun! Thanks for sharing everyone! I ended up having to frog my second glove, but I'm back at it now, past the cable and ready to do the thumb hole and final ribbing section. Yay! And not a moment too soon, because it's getting COLD here! Quote: Originally Posted by MamaWolfe I'm working on quite a few things, but I'm hoping that I will soon finish matching sweaters for my boys. They're dk and lt gray stripes with a skull and...
I don't think I could live there (well, if I did, it wouldn't look like that... I'm way too messy!) but I'd LOOOOOOOOVE to vacation in that home. My mind heaved a great bit sigh of relief just looking at it. It looks so peaceful! ETA - I would have loved the little "kids' cave" when I was a kid, too. Very cool!
My DH's cousins are half black and half white. His female cousin has very light mocha (or possibly more like cafe au lait) skin and actually looks slightly Asian to me, although she's not actually Asian at all. Her younger brother has much darker skin and more typical AA features. So, I think there is a fairly wide range when it comes to what mixed race babies look like. Your daughter is gorgeous - enjoy her!
(((HUGS))) We aren't homeschooling and DD is pretty clueless about mean kids so far, so probably wouldn't *get* that she was being teased, but I couldn't read and not post. I'm so sorry your DS is dealing with that. I think you handled it just right, and I don't blame you for being glad soccer is almost over!
Quote: Originally Posted by EFmom So yes, they can choke on their policies. And BTW, dh is a public school teacher. He wouldn't violate my children's privacy with the schools either. I refuse to live in fear or cede my parental authority over to their cherished policies. There's nothing wrong with being a vertebrate. Our situation, and my thoughts, exactly.
People do it with boys and first names all the time, and no one thinks anything of it at all. And growing up, I knew an Indian family where mother and daughter had the same first name. That was different, so it took a touch of getting used to, but once I thought about how common it was for men to do, it seemed a little silly that it should be weird for women to do it, too. And I think that if you're talking about middle names, it's completely a non-issue. Who goes by their...
Can you say you have a religious objection, but only to certain vaccines? My DD is mostly vaxed (mostly because I was pressured by her pediatrician - we've since switched docs), but I have objections on two levels. I object generally to vaxing, but I object for specific religious reasons to any vaxes that are created using fetal cells, and since that doesn't apply (as far as I can tell) to all vaxes, I could reasonably have a religious objection to some, but not all,...
Quote: Originally Posted by karne This stage of development is a real process. In my dd's class, lots of girls were enamored of the idea of a bra (actually a half cami) at around 2nd grade. It only takes one girl to get one to start the ball rolling. They loved to pull their shirts up and show each other their camis. I have a very strong suspicion that this is what will happen with DD now. Her friend was sooooo excited to show DD. I would be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Krystal323 i vividly remember asking for my first bra, and my mother laughing hysterically because i "didn't need one". i don't know how old i was then, but that was not cool Ohhhh! Ouch! That sucks! It's hard enough for kids to bring that stuff up... and to be laughed at for it is definitely not cool! She just found out about her BFFs bra today, so I asked her about it tonight when her BFF (who came over for...