or Connect

Posts by AahRee

Oriole, I am glad that your DSD was helped by her counseling, and thankful that resource was there for her. It's great that you had the choice to get her services and were confident that her privacy would be respected. My objection isn't really to the school offering confidential-type services. It's more the idea of being required to share private information. If the school had said, "we think your DSD is troubled and are therefore going to require her to participate in...
Tina, that sucks. And yeah, that's definitely one of my concerns. Plus, what laws are there on school secretaries to keep that kind of info safe? What oaths do they take? Can they lose their "school secretary license" if they blab? Could you sue the school for violating your child's privacy? Since HIPPA doesn't apply, what kinds of regulations are there on school staff members, and what repercussions are there if they violate those regulations? It's one thing to give info...
Quote: Originally Posted by Oriole There may be very many reasons why they ask. In one of the classrooms at our school, there is a child with a specific immune deficiency. If she is exposed to chicken pox - she has to be flown to a hospital within 24 hours or her systems will shut down. In fact, there is a list of things she cannot be exposed to, and her parents don't mind keeping her home if need be. But they need to be warned for that to happen,...
Well, and here's what I wonder.... they said I "have to" list the symptoms. Or what? What happens if I refuse? I guess I'll find out...
I've kept my DD home the last three days from school. I called today about her absences, and the school told me that I "had to give them a list of her symptoms" since she was out sick. She asked specifically if DD had the flu or a cold, and I confirmed that she did not. But she pressed me for specific symptoms, so I said I was happy to confirm that she doesn't have the flu or a cold, but I wasn't comfortable giving more information than that. She said I could talk to the...
Thanks ladies! Interesting about the protein - I hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense. I'll pass that along to her for sure. Candied ginger, dried fruit and nuts are a great idea, too - I think I'll grab some of each to put in a basket for her. Peace+Hope, I'm not familiar with those books - are they more birth-related, or do they cover pregnancy stages? She said she really doesn't have a clue about pregnancy, and since she's still pretty early in the game, I was...
I'm not pregnant, but a friend of mine is newly pregnant with her first, and is struggling with some really awful nausea. I suggested ginger ale, because that's what worked best for me, but I was pregnant 8 years ago. Is there something new/better I could suggest for her? Also, is there a better book option than WTEWYE now? I'd love to put together a little goodie basket for her, but all my pregnancy info is 8 years old. Any up-to-date type suggestions?
Not to sound overly suspicious or anything, but do you think she is trying to develop some kind of relationship with your DH? Her behavior seems very weird to me. And yes, I agree that her barging in with no notice was probably highly illegal.
I read this the other night and couldn't see through my tears to reply. Bless you, Whitneymum, and your young man, and thank you so much for sharing your story. It's beautiful.
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesMama my GMIL actually threatened to take Emmett and have him circ'ed with or without us. And that's all I have to say about that! (((HUGS)))