or Connect

Posts by AahRee

Quote: Originally Posted by Sonnet I SO, so so disagree with this. The correct response might be feigned happiness or polite avoidance of the situation altogether, but although all babies are human beings and are precious, not all pregnancies are a good thing. Thoughtless people get pregnant in terrible situations and then raise the children badly all the time. And it's not a miracle WE'RE performing, but one that God or Nature performs in tandem with or...
Quote: Originally Posted by seriosa - My general chore sheet, with my daily, weekly, monthly and yearly cleaning routines. I would love to see your routines, if you were willing to share. I am the worst SAHM ever... I have no routine whatsoever with regard to cleaning, and it shows.
I tried cohosh when I was pregnant, and I'm convinced that it was the reason my BP got out of control, which led to my (failed) medical induction and eventual c-section (and morphine-induced vomiting, and horrible recovery, and inability to BF... I had a really rough birth experience.) So, although I realize not everyone has that experience with cohosh, I am not a fan at all. I tried some other methods (spicy food, BD, nipple stim, etc.) but they weren't effective. My body...
Oops! So sorry - I just realized this was in your DDC!!! I need to pay more attention when I'm surfing out of the New Posts list! Butting out now... but congrats, anyway, even though I'm not a June 2010 mama-to-be!
Quote: Originally Posted by SeattleRain So my MIL called from vacation and we decided we wanted to let her in on the good news. So my husband says "SeattleRain is pregnant!" and she says "Oh no... is that a good thing?" Do I need to say more?! I'm so upset about this! I'm SOOOO happy to be pregnant and I don't want any negative energy surrounding me, especially in the first trimester. Oh, that sucks! On behalf of sane and normal...
TF leaves $3 in silver dollars at our house. I love the idea of the gold dollars, but DH has a jar full of silver dollars from when he was a kid, so we use those.
I haven't done much knitting since my DD was in diapers (my first knitting project ever was her first pair of soaker pants!) but I'm working on a new project for *me* right now. I'm making these cute fingerless gloves from a pattern called "Trilsea'n"... I don't know if I'm allowed to link the site, because it's a paid pattern, but I'm just excited to be working on a new project! I *almost* want another diapering babe, just to have someone to knit soakers for!
I know not everyone has family that can do this, but when my DD has several larger items she wants for Christmas or birthdays, we suggest one of them to the grandparents. If it's a really big item, we even suggest both sets of grandparents split it. (My parents and my ILs get along extremely well - regularly travel together without us, etc., so splitting a gift wouldn't be weird for them. In some families, that might not be so easy, I realize!) They ask us for ideas, and...
It depends on her interest level, but a point and shoot camera is portable and fun, while a digital SLR will allow her to learn more about photography. Is she interested in learning photography, or does she really just want to be able to take snapshots of her and her friends?
It does get better, I promise! My DD wasn't able to BF, so it was easier to divide duty with DH, but once your DD is filling up more during the day and needing to eat less at night, it will get better. I remember those days, though, and it was NO fun. (DD is 7.5 now, and I still remember that time all too well...). If it makes you feel any better, I have friends who CIO, schedule-feed, etc., and their toddlers and older kids still throw a fit at bedtime and HATE it... so...