or Connect

Posts by AahRee

Immediately after my DD was born, I wanted to give her a sibling. We even tried for almost 6 months, with no luck. Since we have started taking a break, and the new mommy hormones are wearing off, I have been doing a lot of soul-searching about the reason why we were TTC, and when/if we'll start trying again. I am not sure that wanting your child to have a sibling is enough of a reason to have another baby. I am inclined to think that the motivation has to come from...
Megan ~ I hear you! I can't stand the idea that people believe Ezzo is the *Christian* way of doing things. Do they honestly believe Jesus would let his children CIO and would spank them? I just don't understand how you can reconcile that with Jesus' example of DEMONSTRATING and gently guiding. It makes NO logical sense.
Quote: Originally posted by lisawhip (my first post!) What bothers me about the labels is that in identifying someone as “mainstream” or “AP” or whatever assumes that you know what is going on in the heart and mind of that mother. I’m lucky to live in a place where the alternative model of birth and parenting is greatly supported (almost a mainstream in itself here in Seattle), and I feel like I have kind of an interesting perspective on the dichotomy....
Just introducing myself I have a beautiful, healthy 8 month old girl who probably wouldn't be here were it not for my c-section. I was induced due to pre-eclampsia ~ first with Cytotec and then with Pitocin. After almost 48 hours of induction, I was only at 3 cm. I was 1 cm when they started the induction. And at one point during the Pitocin induction, I was contracting every minute with less than 10 seconds between contractions. After the 48 hours, when I was...
Thank you all so much for your support. I am so glad I found this community. mamabutterfly ~ Thanks. I think you're right about there being a spectrum. I guess I am realizing that I am in a different place on it than I thought I was. mrzmeg ~ Katie is 8.5 months now. (I can't believe it's gone by so fast!) Anyway, I think I tended toward depression and/or anxiety before that, though, too. I guess the emotions/hormones/sleep deprivation of motherhood sort of...
Hi! I am new and wanted to introduce myself. I am 28 and am a WAH to Katie, who is almost 9 months. DH and I will have been married for three years and a day on Katie's first birthday. We really don't know any other AP parents IRL, so it is nice to *meet* some online. We are Christian, *slightly crunchy* AP'ers... we co-sleep and babywear and don't believe in CIO or spanking, but, unfortunately, couldn't BF I am currently working on switching our DD over to cloth...
I am not sure if I belong in here or not. My DH suggested I talk to someone, and the self-assessments suggested the same thing, so maybe I should, but I am not really sure I am ready for that. And if I do need to talk to someone, I am not really sure that PPD is to blame. Basically, our lives have been chaotic for a while now, and having our DD (as much as we love her) just added to that chaos. In the past 3 years, we've gotten engaged, gotten married, moved three...