or Connect

Posts by GradysMom

NO Disney channel- except when we visit my mother twice a year or so... it's the big no no thing I let her "spoil" them with, and it is usually the baby shows   No Disney Princesses so far, nadda.  We read the brothers Grimm stuff so she does know some of the original stories.  I haven't out right forbidden it, and if I did I know it would backfire.
I really appreciate these responses.  I really expected to be ostracized for losing my cool with her.  It sound like I'm not alone and this isn't unheard of.   I did a few weeks of counseling when she was 2 because a situation my son got into regarding another boy.  While in counseling (and speaking in code) my daughter came with me.  Several times the counselor commented on her persistence and personality. She observed - since we ended up discussing DD (in code) that...
All I can say is I am also having a very difficult time with my 4 yo DD. http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1392640/disconnection-with-4-yr-old-dd   I hope that you continue to search for answers and find you way with it as I am with my situation.  The guilt and disconnection is disturbing for me.  I know I love my DD but am saddened it is sometimes just a technicality.
I  just want to suggest in addition to everything else above that a visit to a good Chiropractor... a really reputable Chiropracter may help, especially if it was a difficult birth for her or if she had any falls at all.
I forgot to mention she lies all the time and doesn't seem to get how wrong it is.  
I really am not sure where to start... I did AP and EBF for 3 years with both kids. I have been attempting to be a gentle disciplinarian.   I stay at home and home school. I have mood and temper issues and have spent a great deal of time this year getting on track and medicated and doing what I can to improve part of the roots of my problems...   Now I have a DD who just won't do things for her self that her brother was doing at the same age.  She is not motivated to do...
Just want to add that this sounds so very much like my daughter.  She is 4 and 2 months.  I think I will be looking into some homeopathics for anxiety for her. That is a great suggestion.   Our latest problems include her lying and making things up that are totally untrue and then "going to the mat" to argue it.  She has taken to screaming in my face without provocation.  Sort of a zero to sixty temper.   Each day that passes I am convince this is more than just a...
Been here since 2006, my oldest is seven, my other is 4. Still a great place to come when I am perplexed.  I miss the magazine terribly.
OP Here!  Wow I never knew my thread had taken root.  Thank you to Juliacat for this shared thought.  I think I worry what my DH might miss one day.  Now we have an almost 7 and almost 4 yr old.  We live near my "step sons" and my "grand children" some of whom I have over to play mindcraft with their aunt and uncle and me! I play grandma and we have sleep overs!   I have noticed we do have trouble making friends with other couples but over time, as I homeschool and meet...
I avoided telling my 6 yr old about Sandy Hook.  I turned it off and tried to make sure he overheard little or nothing about it.  I really feared it would shatter something inside himself to know such heinous things can happen to innocent 6 yr olds. As far as I know he knows nothing about it.    As For Boston, or the Tsunamis or other big disasters.  He is aware of each on different levels.  He may be aware right now that something has happened in Boston, since our...