or Connect

Posts by TheGirls

Making a poncho is really easy.  Heavyweight fleece doesn't ravel either, and the weight doesn't affect the harness (because you wear the poncho outside the harness) so get the heaviest fleece you can find.    The simplest version:  Get a piece of fleece (fleece lap blankets are very cheap in a lot of places and will do the trick.  I see them for $2-5 each all the time at drugstores or biglots.)  Cut out a square the size you want.  Cut a hole in the top for the kids...
Oh that is a good deal!  Unfortunately I don't need any seats right now!  
The First Years Truefit, Sunshine Kids/Diono Radian, and Graco MyRide  all fit average sized newborns quite well and will last many kids until booster age (the MyRide is a bit shorter so it may not last quite as long for really tall kids and the TrueFit has a 35lb RF limit, so it won't last as long RF.)  
My sons were FTT (below even the preemie charts) at 1 month old, and one is now 98th percentile for weight (at 11months).  My  daughter was 90th+ percentile for weight and is now more like 50th.  CPS was never even a consideration, I promise you!  Of course my ped was concerned with the FTT (as is her job) but we discussed options and did what we needed to to get the boys fed.   Now they are huge, but they have hardly any chub on them at all.  They are not fat babies in...
I'm confused.  If the problem is that these kids are behaving extraordinarily badly, then why didn't you tell their mom that when she came to you asking why they were being excluded?  The comment about them not coming out every day so as not to disturb the existing friendships strikes me as BS, and probably felt the same way to the other mom.  If there are 25 kids in the neighborhood "gang" now, did you expect kids #24 & 25 to only come out twice a week so they didn't...
Remember that for an older baby it can be as upright as 30degrees instead of fully reclined at 45degrees.  I have a hard time imagining how a Chicco KeyFit would fit at 45 degrees, but a Scenera wouldn't at 30 degrees.  Definitely check out car-seat.org.  They can almost certainly tell you what will work and what won't.    
It is important to note that most kids outgrow seats (especially bucket seats) by height, not weight.  My DD's Snugride had weight limit of 22lbs and she outgrew it at 16lbs (4 months old).    The most important factor for turning forward facing is age (spine maturity) not weight.  I'd be ok with turning a 30lb 3- or 4-yo, but they wouldn't still fit in a KeyFit, most likely.  The current AAP recommendation is until the limit of the seat or at LEAST 2yo to turn. Some...
While the newborn is in the bucket seat you shouldn't need to climb in the trunk, just pass the seat over the backs and click it in.  That way you can strap in baby wherever is comfortable for you.  I'd be worried about the 1yo in the 3rd row if she has a history of carsickness - the 3rd row seems to be much worse for that than the middle row.    If you're ok with boosters, I bet you can get 7yo and the 5yo in boosters in the 3rd row, with the 2yo in a harnessed...
If you need to do a three-across in the middle row, I'd do that with the 7yo, 5yo, and 1yo.  Put the 1yo in the center, it's the safest position in the car (since she has to be FF so young) and it's also the best spot for carsick kids because you can see out the front windshield as well.  I'd try her in the Radian.  I'd put the 7yo and 5yo in boosters if the 5yo can handle sitting properly (at almost 6, most kids can).  That way they can get in and out easy for school...
Chiming in to agree 100% with toenail painting.  That's one of DD's favorite "big girl" activities!  Also grocery shopping with mama then out to lunch with just us on the weekend.  That one takes 3hrs or so, so I don't know if you have that long yet between nursings, but you will in a few months!