or Connect

Posts by sabine

How difficult to be moving when you are pregnant! and not even know exactly where you are going! I am in Mount Vernon and I think people pretty much gave the descriptions of midwives I could give. I think calling the midwives might give you a better idea of where they can give birth. I don't know of any other birth centers around here besides the one in bellingham. Does the insurance cover homebirth? My favorite midwife is suzanne thompson. and my current is michelle...
Quote: Originally Posted by snowbunny It's exceptionally informative and the recipes are actually good unlike NT. funny.. everyone is different! (of course) I got the book and I find it boring. I really haven't tried maybe one or two recipes (guess I should - if they are so good) I am a HUGE NT fan and LOVE almost every one of the recipes I have tried. and I have made a big whole bunch of them. But I do think it might be good for a newer...
Oh, breakfast, what a good question! And, I want to eat breakfast all day! (I mean, easy to digest foods) but I feel soooo sick and tired by mid-afternoon. I have been eating home-made applesauce with tons of butter and cream. I figure the fat is good for baby and keeps me fuller longer. I've gone through a pint of cream a day (with my kids) for the past few. cream in tea, cream in bread pudding. Don't salads sound good - cob salad? chef salad? All of these...
username: sabine due date: April 21 Baby number: 3 Gender: I am not doing any ultrasounds! This will be my 3rd baby born at home! My other two are 5 & 3 - and this one was an oops. So I feel like I am starting over too - I was done with babies!
batch cooking beans? (cook 5 or so cups - soak overnight, cook for 4 hours, when cool, put a bunch into freezer bags so you have quick beans when you are hungry - lots of bean recipes - like soups or even with tortillas.) Find a source for raw, grassfed milk and then just drink it! So many vitamins! Take an hour on Sat morning (or whenever you might have one) and make a couple of double batches of a yummy looking salad dressing. If you have a food processor, you can...
We are doing pretty good here - well great! and then, now I am getting bored of my routine. ugh. isn't it easier to make the same-ish thing for a few weeks and then... I get bored and can't think of anything until I find a new routine. We have been eating kimchi like crazy. and I made some Natto (look it up online if you don't know what it is - too much to explain - but very very healthy interesting japanese soybean ferment) I love it! my husband tolerates it for...
This is great! thanks. I did a general search for NT meal plans and found this. woo! I am reading these menu plans and am in awe. I am pretty into NT but still just can't get myself to plan. wow. This is something I need to focus on and study and learn how to do. Does not come naturally!! I've been making rugaleh pretty regularly. my mother gave me a kitchen-aid recently for my birthday and woohoo, that makes things easy. I have raw milk and mainly make...
oh, sara, it sounds like you really care about your daughter and you have thought long and hard about your choices - and feel like you have come to some conclusions that work for your family. I celebrate your hard work and thoughtfulness!!! and your current course! It is so nice to have found one that you feel confident to be following! I did appreciate you explaining about the ITE aids and the help you are getting. I am even thinking.. hmmmm, can my dd get a...
hey - cdahlgrd - courtney, we don't know you do we? I just noticed that you are in seattle. What level is your son's loss? Is this new for you? or did you just find out that it was progressive? a progressive loss sounds so scary! I don't know why - as I have one who is all the way deaf - but something about not knowing how fast it is going and what to expect sounds kinda scary for me. and twin babies too - almost a year old? wow! How are you hanging in...
It sounds like your son has alot of usable hearing. So, although this is a big shock and it is scary and hard to know what to expect, when you get aids on that kid, he will probably shoot words out like a rocket. So, I say, get that kid aids as soon as possible!!! I am excited to hear about what kind of programs you are finding in your area. crazy that you moved away from the school for the deaf just a few months ago!!! Something special must be meant for you where...