or Connect

Posts by Riverdog

Quote: Originally Posted by alfabetsoup Yes, everything you have said is true. But we are not talking about a 2-2.5yo, we are talking about an almost 3yo--and in my experience, there is a BIG difference. I don't think most children would understand an instruction to "be nice," but most almost 3yo's could understand "if you hit, we leave." If you have tried everything else and DC is still acting out, it's time for drastic measures: DC not allowed to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by alfabetsoup If my child was the aggressor (and DD1 has been the aggressor!) I would do the following: 1)warning before entering play area (if you are unkind to small children we will leave); 2)follow through, every time. Pick child up, say, that was unkind, we need to leave now, and go. Or some variation of the above. I have to disagree with this approach. I think little kids this age really won't "get" what is...
IME, three year olds (kids in general, actually) want to explore their boundaries. That includes what their bodies are capable of and what a toy looks like when it is smashed. If you a terribly worried about him climbing on the counter, stand behind him. Then if he slips, you can catch him. He gets to discover what it's like to climb on the counter safely, and you won't be driving him to the hospital for a broken bone because he tried to climb it when you weren't...
I have two radians, one forward facing and one rear facing. They are each outboard in my '10 Jeep Patriot, with SOLID installs using latch. The passenger seat is snug, but we can still fit. I can also get solid installs ff in a Hyundai Accent ('03), rf and ff in a Kia Sedona ('03). I could not ever install safely in an '89 Jeep, or a '95 Nissan Altima. I have not had great luck with seatbelt install due to the narrow frame of the Radian (the seatbelt buckle often...
I have a Jeep Patriot with a similar issue. Some seats just will not fit forward facing, but I have had excellent results with the Sunshine Kids Radian. We also had luck with an Eddie Bauer 3 in 1 (crappy seat, but it fits). It can be dangerous and potentially life threatening to turn a young child forward facing as soon as they turn a year. You can rear face safely until your child reaches the weight limit of the seat, which can be as high as 45lbs, depending on...
Quote: Originally Posted by Riverdog the Sunshine Kids Juvenile Products Canadian webpage states the RF limit has been increased to 45 lbs, and the FF is still 65 lbs. For the Radian Premier and XT. The Radian 65 has a limit of 40 lbs.
I live in BC, Canada and I have an older Canadian Radian (lol). The manual states it has a RF max weight of 30 lbs and a FF max of 65 lbs, despite the fact that it is exactly the same seat marketed in the states as the Radian 80 (here, the Radian Premier). I'll be buying a new Radian in October, and the Sunshine Kids Juvenile Products Canadian webpage states the RF limit has been increased to 45 lbs, and the FF is still 65 lbs. Your childcare providers need to check...
My ds1 did this a few months ago, just before his 3rd birthday. No bruise, but it did bleed! Boy, did DH panic. I put him in the bath to pee for the first few times afterwards so that it wouldn't hurt too bad (kind of like peeing with a bottle or in the shower after birth). I didn't call/take him to the doctor because the only way to see the injury would have been to forcibly retract his foreskin, which I was so not ok with.
Hi all, I'm hoping for some insight here regarding my 10 wk old ds2. Symptoms: - white tongue, pearly mouth - shiny red creases, sometimes with cheesy white flakes - rash around the anus only, chafed looking with sores (we EC from birth and he is never left wet, even at night) - scaly rash around mouth (cheeks and chin), eyebrows and hairline (not cradle cap) - gassy, fights breast - watery, foamy stool Our midwife thinks he has a systemic yeast infection. ...
For pees, I shake him dry..lol.... For poos, I wipe off most of the poo with dry TP, then clean up the residue with a piece of TP wetted with warm water.