or Connect

Posts by Meems

It was my first reaction to call and ask if they would accept an exemption, but after I thought about it, and read your posts, it seems like it would be in everyone's best interest for me to say nothing and appear confident when submitting the exemption.   So what do I include in a letter? Does anyone have an example that I could read over?
DD, 4, is unvaccinated, and I recently applied for her to attend a small private Montessori preschool here in NC. Included in the application is a physical form to be completed by her pediatrician and on the back is a vax history form. It says that they must have this within 15 days of attendance. I am undecided about how to proceed. If it were a public preschool I would print off the religious exemption form and attach it to the physical sheet. Since the school is...
I was just coming here to look for some advice!! My 4 year old has had such a rough few days. I don't know what on EARTH is going on. Temper tamtrums, screaming at me, demanding and being overall nasty. I have attempted to overlook some things and talk through some things. We have had two all out screaming tantrums and I know I have matured b/c my blood doesn't boil anymore, but it does bother me tremendously! I have been acting nonchalant and repeating the consequences,...
I am doing more research and possibly revisiting the idea of very selectively vaccinating my 4 yr old who is unvaxed.    Here's where I'm at: Are HIB and Pc the biggest threats to her at this age? I know she's close to not needing them, but after hearing about several HIB infections of kids under age 8, I am wondering if she should have this vaccine?   I am thinking of doing the MMR and DTaP at some point in the next year or so.   Any experience or advice...
For starters, DD is 3 yrs 9 mo and has not been in any preschool setting. She participates in music, gymnastics, storytime and our local playgroup, so she has some activity nearly every day of the week. She is bright, active and energetic. She is outgoing and social.    We live in a very rural area. Our closest chain retailer is an hour away. We have a few preschool options where we live, though there is only one that I would consider, and that is a long shot. The...
The backseat of my xterra is so small. We only have one kid but when we carpool, there is very little space between two carseats when they are both outboard. I recently picked up my friend's baby for a quick ride so I left DD's marathon in the middle where it always is and I thought I would never get the other seat in beside it! Trying to get my arm between them to install them was a PITA!
for tickets, google coupons for reduced admission. if you are military, i think it is free admission. fl residents get cheaper admission. our coupon for 10% off admission was way cheaper than the concierge at the hotel (off site) camp! lots of great camping around orlando. we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite 1 mile from disney for (2 families) $100 a nite per couple and it was very nice.
I highly recommend "kids, parents and power struggles"... it is so helpful. I would just add that for my 3 year old, explaining what is coming next really helped my DD out. ie if we are going to the park, i will say on the way there, "mommy will let you know when we have 10-5-3-1 min left. i do not want you to scream or give me a hard time when it is time to leave. Also, following through. It's hard to do. I had to leave a storytime once when DD was about to...
I have a good friend in a similar situation. She went to her doctor, who promptly prescribed a low dosage of an antidepressant. I'm not saying to go get drugs, but I think under extreme circumstances, our bodies cannot process everything and keep us sane. She said that after only one day she felt a lot better. Hugs mama, hang in there.
i absolutely would!