or Connect

Posts by organicmama

Congratulations to all! Isn't it grand!?! My little babe is almost 6 weeks old now. She's such a joy! It's so neat to see all these babies announced here! Amazing...isn't it!?! I'm so in love.....
Congrats all you pregnant mamas! My little angel is almost 4 weeks old now. They are so sweet & fun! You have so much to look forward to & don't forget to enjoy the process, too. (Ups & downs... ) Boobykinmama, good luck with the waterbirth. I had a home/waterbirth with my baby & it was great!
Christina Marie is finally here! She was 2 weeks "overdue" & I was starting to wonder if she liked it in there too much! After castor oil & a 5 hour labor, here she is, in all her glory! I was expecting a 7 1/2 lb. baby & got a 9 lb. 4 oz. baby!!! We are SO amazed! She is nursing beautifully & is such a pleasent baby! She is so alert! We got to have our home/water birth & I'll post my birth story after I'm through processing it & when I have the time. Right now,...
Sweet Julie friend, thank you so much for your kind words! I'm nursing my sweet baby girl at the computer. I can't believe she is here! I can't believe I have a daughter! She has been SO peaceful & relaxed & is nursing beautifully. She doesn't really cry...just little meows. Thank you so much for being there for me as I worked so hard to birth. Your presence was so important to me & helped me SO much. Thank you for the beautiful amethyst, moonstone, & rose...
I am 13 days overdue now & my midwife is telling me to do castor oil. I have heard horror stories & I have a very sensitive bowel. I got a reprieve this morning. The midwife called & she's been up all night at another birth so asked me to hold off taking it today. I don't know what to do! They "stripped my membranes" Wed. & then sent me home for sex. I contracted all night then they stopped the next morning. Then they stripped & stretched me yesterday & I did a...
We're expecting our 3rd baby the end of June. We aren't finding out the gender with this one! We're holding out for a surprise ending! We are planning our 1st home/waterbirth & I'm SO excited. (1st birth was a nasty hospital birth, 2nd a wonderful waterbirth at a free-standing birthing center with a midwife.) I tend to go overdue so I'm thinking early July. Our boys, almost 3 & just turned 6, are SO excited!!!
I struggle with the too many toys thing, too. Grandparents are out of my control! I finally got across to them (for the most part) the concept of wooden, natural, open ended toys but now I have a ton of really nice wooden toys that are too expensive & nice to throw out. They are nice toys but there are just so many! I got rid of a ton of plastic stuff when we moved but it's time to purge again! It gets more complicated when your babies get older! My oldest ds is...
A true allergy to breastmilk is extremely rare. My pediatrician told me the same thing with ds #1 (who is 6 years old now). She pressured me to put him on formula. I didn't buy into it. Neither of my sons has ever had a drop of formula! She was so concerned (it was visible blood) that we ended up taking him for a colonoscopy!!! He was less than 5 months old! Poor baby! The gastrointerologist went on & on about how aweful it would have been if I hadn't followed my...
Huh!?! Aeorosol particles? from candles? I've never heard of such a thing. My 5 y.o. son has had 3 heart surgeries & for a long time couldn't tolerate the smoke & suet generated by regular candles. Now I make my own raw beeswax candles. They burn clean with little or no smoke, last longer with less dripping & smell fresh & clean. They don't leave a smoke residue on things in your house like other candles do. Typical candles are petroeum based (non-renewable &...
We have a strict no shoes policy at our house. I can't stand the thought of my babies crawling around & putting their hands & toys in their mouths after crawling on a floor where who knows what has been tracked. I feel it is my right to ask guests to remove their shoes, afterall they are guests & are only here for a little while. We on the other hand have to live here & want to feel clean & comfortable in our environment. Depending on who it is, I do sometimes feel a...