or Connect

Posts by *Aimee*

I shared this on my fb page.
We homeschool for academic reasons, but also for religious. Plus, I hate how long kids are away from home during a school day. With school and then homework when do kids have time to follow anything they're interested in?
Oh that's so good to know! Thanks!
Last year for Kindy I did Sonlights Prek4/5. It was a bit boring for us, though we loved the read alouds. There just wasnt enough hands on for us, and I have super bad ADHD and I get really overwhelmed trying to add that stuff in, though a lot of people are good at it.   This year, DS2 wants to start Kindy, so I ordered him My Father's World K and HWOT preschool (he begs to do the handwriting books). I also got him Singapore's EB because it looked like fun. Try as I...
Have you looked into Sensory Processing Disorder? I have ADHD and I had assumed thats what DS1 had because he had a lot of my issues, but he really has SPD and has been seeing an OT and it's been amazing. Even just the way we react to him now has made things so much better.
My moms boyfriend said his grandma strapped him to a potty chair with leather straps and switched him when he was fussy or struggled. 3 days, but hey he was potty trained by 15 months, thank goodness she wasn't lazy about it My mil said she left her kids with their grandma and when she came back they were both potty trained. It also involved being spanked for getting off the potty or having accidents, I by no means think this was a rare case. You can even google pictures...
My boys LOVE this M&D set http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Magnetic-Kitchen-Collection/dp/B000GL1HV4/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_i They play with them constantly, even when not playing in the kitchen. I like their wooden pots and pans too. http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Deluxe-Kitchen-Accessory/dp/B000VWQ6C8/ref=pd_sim_t_3 We also have felt food. I have a few old spice containers that I put peppercorns in and hot glue gunned the lid on so they can shake it, but not spill it...
My first came up to me shortly after his 2nd birthday, (and right after I'd ordered a HUGE custom stash of diapers from Stickypeas, of course ) and told me he was never wearing diapers again, and he didnt! He had a few accidents but that was it. I was in charge of toddlers/potty training when I worked at a daycare center for a few years, so I thought I had this down, but my second son is really stumping me.   He has 0 interest and is not bothered at all by being wet...
I have always planned on homeschooling too. I put my son in preschool last year because he is VERY social and needed to be around lots of friends, and since we were new to the state, we didnt have any for him. He went 3 days a week, for 3 hours. It was perfect. My baby napped and I got alone time with DS2, and he came home feeling super tired out.   He was a little sad about not going back this year, but I just told him that we'd make sure to have lots of people to...
I'd never teach my kids that any job was beneath them. I feel that busting your ass at any job is admirable. My DH never went to college and makes great money. We choose smaller houses so we can put more money in the bank. What a strange thing to say!