or Connect

Posts by ErikaDP

Quote: Originally Posted by wiksty Could you explain to me unschooling? or lead me to a website? my husband and i sre seriously considering homeschooling our children, but we've come across this type of method a few times. I've only heard one person describe me their version and i wasn't sure if it was like, unschooling law or if everyone individualizes it? How would you describe your "method" and are the schooling officials or govt. hounding...
Quote: Originally Posted by kimiij Hi Shay and Erika! I'm moving to New Haven, CT. Is that considered central CT? Hi Again, No, New Haven is not considered central CT. But New Haven is in the center of the CT shoreline. Where I live is almost equal distance from the shoreline and the Massachusetts border north/south and we are at almost the midpoint east/west too. We are about 30 miles north of New Haven. Take Care, Erika (I don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by kimiij A little OT, but does anyone here live in CT? I'm moving at the beginning of August and I'm wondering if anyone is in the area? Hi Kimiji, I live in central CT. But because we are unschoolers, we have friends/activities that take us all over the state. Where in CT are you moving to? Please feel free to contact me personally anytime with questions. *..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:- ¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Peace, Love...
Is there anyone here who makes and trades Artist Trading Cards(ATCs for short)? I have been creating and trading ATCs for years and I just today noticed this Arts & Crafts forum here at MDC. Below is a brief description of what ATCs are and the history behind them: Artists’ Trading Cards or ATCs, as they are frequently referred to, were initiated in 1997 by Zurich artist M.Vänçi Stirnemann, as a means for artists to share, and socialize with other artists. But with...
!WELCOME TO OUR NEW THREAD! Thanks Rootzdawta for starting our new thread! And I hope that this new thread is as successful as the last one! Take Care, Erika(I don't wear a fro, I'm just a sister who likes this smilie!):
Olliepop Take Care, Erika(I don't wear a fro, I'm just a sister who likes this smilie!):
Wow! What a long thread! And I hate to admit it, but I am really sorry to see this thread go! Onward to the new thread! *..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:- ¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Peace, Love & Light!-:¦:- -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* Take Care, Erika(I don't wear a fro, I'm just a sister who likes this smilie!):
Quote: Originally Posted by shayinme We are trying to plan a camping trip in the White Mountains, little place in Bartlett NH with cabins. ( not ready to brave a tent just yet) However money is really tight this year, dh's client load has dropped as has mine so we are not sure. Erica, my best Maine sista-friend just moved back home to CT, she is from the Danbury area. So I know at some point this summer I will be in CT since I promised her I would...
Hello Sisterfriends! I has been so long since I have posted here! I have been so busy that I have had just enough time to read here but not enough time to post. I am happy to see so many new members here-Welcome! And I am very happy to see posts from long time members who I haven't seen posting here in a long while! As for me, my life has been very full these past few months and I am finally able to see the conclusion of a lot of projects that have kept me very...
Quote: Originally Posted by eilonwy So: What can I say or do that would be "supportive" without coming off as condescending? Is it even possible, or am I once again relegated to the ranks of "outsider?" I do like point out the historical significance of it all, but for the most part I'm dismissed as someone who just doesn't get it. Any thoughts? Hi Rynna, If I were you, I would share my truth with a "sister" in the same way as I would share...