or Connect

Posts by M&Mmommy

I Love Genealogy! A group of relatives researched and self-published a book documenting my maternal grandfather's genealogy as far back as they could. The lists of "issues" (children) starts in 1747 when our earliest ancestor to come to America brought his wife and three sons from Germany to Virginia. His wife died during the 5 month journey. The three sons spent seven years in indentured servitude to pay for the journey. I'm 10th generation and listed in the...
I am starting to wonder if my 3-almost-4 year old twin girls fight more than other kids. Many mornings I wake up to them fighting over some toy. It does not have to do with the toy, I don't think, because once I saw one shove the other down and swipe at the air in front of her, saying, "Give me that! It's MY imaginary kitty!!" Not only do they hit and scratch at each other, but they also have screaming fights. A favorite topic is being first. One gets into the...
Quote: Originally Posted by blessed In 1st grade if we asked 'can I go to the bathroom?' our teacher would say 'well, I don't know. Can you?' We'd then say 'may I go to the bathroom?' and she'd say 'certainly!' I still do that to people today. I remember this too. I recall one kid answering the teacher with, "Yes I can!" and getting up to leave the room. I loved his irony. I told DH one night when he was bothering me, "Don't make me busta...
and jewlery instead of jewelry. Practically everyone I know says this. Even on the news.
Hunnert instead of hundred... ordament instead of ornament... preventative medicine... argh!
Hi Everybody, thank you for the great welcomes !! I am having trouble eating only fruits & veggies. I agree it seems pretty decadent to be able to eat as much as I want, but man it's hard to want that much fruit & vegetables. On a funny note, there was a time looooonnng ago that I tried Atkins - that was an all-you-can-eat meat & fat without any carbs, not even veggies & fruit. I thought that would be decadent, but yuck it was so disgusting. No one could eat more...
This is so common, and you are doing nothing wrong so don't worry. You sound like a good mom, and he's lucky to have you thinking of him so highly and trying to figure out what to do. Congratulations for not just going on autopilot and flipping out at the sound. How do kids manage to find JUST the right whine to drive their particular parent insane? It's a gift (LOL). I see you're in the Bay Area. I think you'd get a lot out of this organization:...
Hi ! I'm wanting to get support from all of you in my E2L lifestyle switch. DH is on board too, so this should be a bit easier than otherwise. However, with two preschoolers I do have to cook lots of kid-stuff which is off limits for us grownups. I bought and read the E2L kids book, but it relies heavily on nuts which they can't eat until they are 6 (or maybe 8) due to family allergies. I do use soy-nut butter and sesame butter - and I think I'll just add lean meats...
Just a for you. I know how hard you are trying, and your pain is evident. At least the babe will have you for an "auntie" all his life. You never know, you may change everything for this guy.
Heartmama, , you have made my day! Your words are so moving, and your descriptions of what my words were trying to convey are right on. And, know that my heart goes out to you regarding your & your DS's experiences. I know *exactly* what you mean here: Quote: Originally Posted by Heartmama "It was a very deep kind of connection, of a shared pain. The way any person might look at you, look away, cringe, break down in tears, then collect...