or Connect

Posts by lexmas

Quote: Originally Posted by MamieCole Out of habit, he substitutes the "w" sound for "f". Since I know he is physically able to do it, when he says "Whoa" for "four," I say "Try saying it like this: four." Then he repeats "foe" and I say "You did it!" Nevermind he has no "r" on the end yet. That will come in time. The only reason I began addressing some of his pronunciation now is because most people outside the family cannot understand him, and it...
My pediatrician told me that at 2, they want them to have 50 words. FWIW, DS had about 100 words at 1.5, and he was STILL a late talker. He still has a bit of a delay at almost four. He just stalled for the longest time. It's not much of a delay anymore, and we never did speech therapy or anything, because he is developing fine on his own, just slower, but still, obviously talking early can be a poor indicator. DD is 17 months and mostly says, "that", points, and...
So interesting. As a cultural anthropology major, I loved it. As a babywearing mama, I loved it even more!
We've done disney tons of times with DS in slings. Last time he was almost 2 and I was pregnant with DD, and wore him in the Ergo almost exclusively. It was the first week of September and HOT. But, it wasn't a big deal. You're in and out of rides and buildings constantly at disney, so I never felt that it was too hot to be wearing him. Of course, I was used to wearing him at home in no AC, so maybe that's why, but there's always a place to get cool at disney. Have a...
DS is 3.5 and he's been completely potty trained since last October. We're heading out of town to visit relatives tomorrow and he's very nervous about it. He's a big homebody and asks to go home even when we're out running errands for too long. He just doesn't like change. So the idea of going somewhere else and having to sleep there is completely stressing him out. He's wet the bed twice this week, and then last night he wet the bed AND pooped in his underwear...
If I were to start at the beginning, I would try a little of everything. Diapers have fit my two very differently and what worked for one did not work for the other, for the most part. AIOs- grovia, or if you can find any small Dreameze AIOs...they're wonderful, but discontinued. The grovia one is one-size. I love the natural baby company, I've found quality in everything I've tried. AI2s- grovia or softbums Pockets- I love the fit of bumgenius, but I hate that the...
Other than art/craft stuff, everything is within reach. BUT, we are constantly pairing down their toys so they don't have too many toys anyway. I have a few toys in the closet for a rainy day, but they don't get played with very much. But even that is one bin (Maybe a little smaller than a recycle bin) of toys. The rest of their toys could easily fit in a similar size bin. I don't see anything wrong with the system, we just don't like having enough toys to make it...
I would try diaperswappers...I have sold many, many diapers on there, and re-cooped much of my money from being a CD junkie. Helps ease the pain of spending so much money LOL.
DS is 3.5, so he's not that old. I declutter half with his help, and half without his help. Lots of stuff he never plays with but he would be upset to know it was going. However, once it's gone, he'll never ask for it again. If it's something that he'll notice, then I let him have some say in the matter...I'll let him pick which of two things stays, for example. Or, I'll empty out a box of his stuff and I'll tell him he can keep 10 things from that box, or whatever. ...
I would love to get rid of mine...my mother had it all boxed up and saved though, and she's very unwilling to get rid of it! Oh well. I finally convinced her to get rid of the big bushy slip though, so if someone does want to wear it the'll have to buy a new one. I'm not willing to let it take up any more space!