or Connect

Posts by KayCSmommy

Yes, this is Anthropology 1000 so it’s a lower level class, and full of younger people.  I am not going into Anthropology but into Social Work, but one Anthropology class is required for graduation in the program, and I wasn’t able to take this class at my other college. I just sat and listened keeping an open mind at what the class and teacher were discussing (there was no opposition, except in my head). It wasn’t until the bashing started (where people were calling...
  My professor is an elderly gentlemen who served in Vietnam, and he told the class that he didn't understand why people didn't vaccinate themselves or their children. He told us he thinks they should start vaxing our children/population with the small pox vaccine, and that every vaccine that they give the people in the military should be given to everyone. I would have loved to tell the guy next to me that some of the information he was saying was wrong, and I wanted to...
I wish that I could drop the class, but its the only class that I need for my Social Work Program. So if I drop it I am wasting my time in my other four classes, because I need this class. I am new to this school, and the area the school is. I live 60 miles from where I go to school, and I really don't want to make enemies; or I would have gotten up and defended the non-vaxing community. I just felt like I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Who knows how many...
I am just annoyed because of a discussion that went on in a college Anthropology class I had today. The teacher was explaining to us that diseases like TB and Pertussis have come from animals that people have had close contact with as either pets or food. He was telling us this was also how we got our first vaccine. Then the guy that sits next to me started going off about how people don't vaccinate their kids, and how stupid these people are. Then he states that there...
I hate how people are scared to get sick... I don't understand it! Getting sick actually healthy!! When you get sick and then recover that means your body is doing its job and is healthy its when you get sick and can't get better that you should worry! Do people really expect to never get sick...? I don't understand the fear of getting sick even with a simple cold. That being said man the commenter on your friends profile would hate me because in the first two months of...
I feel the same way, I am not ashamed of my decision to not (in my case stop) vaxing my son. I was however never in the closet about my decison, and most my family and friends or the ones who matter anyway know that my son is not fully vaxed. I actually don't get any grief except from a few family members. I just tell them ohh that is too bad that is why I stopped vaxing, because the fevers kept getting higher and lasting longer, until he finally had a sever vaccine...
The top three reasons that I stopped vaccinating my son....  1. My son had an allergic reaction to a vaccine! So I quit being a sheeple and following the mass population in believing that vaccines were good for my kid because other people that don't know me or my kid said it was good for my kid.   2. I think fear rules our lives in America these days, fear of everything. I believe that American's have tendency to go to extremes to prevent their...
      Unfortunately it took my son to have a sever allergic reaction at his 18 month baby-well visit before I realized the truth that vaccines can be dangerous; so my son has had most of his vaccines. I feel terrible now about vaccinating him, especially since now if you even mention shots my son will go into hysterics. When I called and talked to the doctor who gave my child the shots (my pediatrician had just transferred to another state and I was in between peds) and...
    I won't believe it before I see some sort of proof either! Its just too convenient that they did a water burial!!
I found another article in the Salt Lake Trib this morning about how they want tighter laws on vaccinating children http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion/51714627-82/teachers-health-utah-april.html.csp#disqus_thread   I hope that the uproar of this measles scare dies down, I was afraid that this may cause parents who are normally oblivous that there are people like us out there that do not believe in vaccinating our children pressure the goverment to get rid of the...