or Connect

Posts by Terrilein

Just wanted to check back in. I'm totally sick and tired of being sick and tired. There's nothing I can do to make this child happy. There's nothing I can do to make him stop hurting us. There's nothing I can do to make him safe in our home. I'm a single mom again and no, I can't get daycare to give me a bit of a rest from him. I'm so totally screwed and wish I never had this child.
My son, who is almost 18 months old, has been kicking, hitting (open and closed fist) and biting for some months now and is just not stopping no matter how often I say no and put distance between us (i.e. unlatch and set down on floor, leave the room, etc) and I am consistent. We also have problems with him throwing things. I've had to put most of his hard toys away for the time being. Still, he'll throw cups, forks, basically anything in reach at us, too. It's too...
My son, who is almost 18 months old, has been kicking, hitting (open and closed fist) and biting for some months now and is just not stopping no matter how often I say no and put distance between us (i.e. unlatch and set down on floor, leave the room, etc) and I am consistent. For him it's all just a game. I'm recently a single mom with very little time for myself, and getting most of my support from my 10 year old dd, who needs me, too, in her own ways . . . and my...
I've heard of this with other toddlers - boys, too - and they did eventually grow out of it.
Congrats livelovelaugh!  Have a wonderful pregnancy!   As for us, well, I'm a single mama now, but it'll be ok. Fritz is growing, of course, and he's got five teeth now with another on its way. He's practically running these days and climbing on everything, it's so dizzying. This morning he fell off of the coffee table because he tried to step off of it.  This is me at the moment all the time --> And here's my boy in all of his 5 o'clock spaghetti shadow glory:  
And iirc from a Friends episode, it's not pink on a man, it's salmon. 
My oldest got glasses when she was 4-5 years old. It was no big deal to her: everyone in our family wears glasses and now she finally had her own. Get the glasses insured and if she's really "blind" maybe get a second pair as backup if the first get misplaced - happens ALL.THE.TIME. - or need repairing.
Well, I brought up the issue at out last session and pointed out how DP apparently didn't bother reading any of the info I gave him and has decided that the therapist is the laction expert. Boy, did the therapist really draw a line - just his opinion, not expertise - and then we discussed for virtually the whole hour the issue. Despite all the information I gave him and he supposedly read - mostly kellymom with the WHO recommendation - he still clings to his own ideas of...
So, erm, how do you deal with a partner who only grudgingly put up with our nursing up to one year (the length his SIL's nursed) and is now being vocal about his disapproval? His parents also disapprove of our nursing relationship. We are in therapy and in one of our sessions, our therapist even mentioned that - in his opionion - nursing up to 18 months is ok, thereafter there's no reason to. He also said that toddlers who perform acrobatic acts while nursing don't...
We're still in the same boat and I see no end to it on our horizon. DS popped a tooth and then got crankier than usual. I did a lot yelling yesterday being so completely overtired with frazzled nerves and no help in sight. DP comes home today, but he's not much help either. If the baby is tossing and turning and sobbing too much, he just leaves to go sleep on the couch. If I'm completely out of luck, he's too busy the next day to take the baby for a few hours while I rest.