or Connect

Posts by MaShroom

Not yet there, but we hope to be by next summer!    After much deliberation, Missoula is where my kids (11 and 12) and I have decided to go. Right now we live in Lawrence, KS. Missoula and Lawrence seem similar in a lot of ways; festivals, college town, etc.    If you don't mind, can you tell me what you love (and don't) about living there? Reading up on the web is so much different than getting a personal perspective. And it would be super cool to maybe not go...
The part about choosing ice cream over broccoli made me giggle. My son is a broccoli fiend and is fantastic about making good food choices because it's his decision. Broccoli gets such a bad rap. Thx for posting - good article.
So glad to have found this thread at this particular moment!!
If you do decide to go the other way and stay in Denver, it's a day's drive to my place about 30 min outside Kansas City. From there it's a 5 hour drive to StL. Hit me up if you have a change of route. Have a great trip!
Mom2M, thank you very much for your response and I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way. I think when I posted the first time I was feeling pretty discouraged and was too brief. I meant absolutely no ill intent toward you! So much is lost in internet conversations, too. And honestly, last night I was hormonal, sensitive, and weepy anyway - I overreacted. I'm sorry. You are completely right on when you say this is not a cut and dried disease! It is very much the opposite...
Mom2M, not really sure how you interpreted what I said so let me clarify. My sister is pretty disgusted because all her neurologists want to talk about are drug therapies. They immediately dismiss everything that does not fit into their little narrow box. She and I agree that whole body/mind/life health is completely ignored by them and should not be. Because MS is such an enigma, she is very skeptical of the drugs, and where to even begin with the drug companies...? This...
Bumping and subscribing. My sis has been dxd with MS. So far this has been a lesson in how fantastic the drug companies are at selling their stuff and little else. She was on Copaxone, but stopped taking it. CCSVI sounds promising, too bad nobody seems to want to talk about it. Hope all of you are doing well!!
Fb addict here too. Dar, you knew eventually I'd forsake myspace. I love fb because it's literally the only place I will ever have all of my friends together in one spot. I have a strangely eclectic group of friends irl. I love getting in touch with old friends too. One thing that strikes me as really nice is that I've been friended by a lot of my 17yo dd's irl friends. They chat with me a lot, I guess I'm the grownup they feel comfortable going to with stuff....
As someone who is cold from September through May I've gotta say North Face is the way to go. I got lucky and picked up a Nuptse jacket at a thrift store for about a quarter. I have never had a coat that I have loved so much and I've had a lot of coats. It is by far the warmest I've ever owned, even better than my full length down coat. They are so worth the expense and sometimes you can pick them up for a lot less on ebay. I'm still kicking myself for not buying one I...
Beanma, I will definitely be trying it, thanks for the suggestion. I take lots of other supplements to take the edge off, I don't know why I didn't think vit D! That would be one that I'd obviously be lacking. Someday I may get my thyroid levels checked, I really should - that not having health insurance thing is kind of a hindrance though. Gainesville would be nice, probably not a lot different from the college town I live in now. But I do like the beach. If it...