or Connect

Posts by flatstanley72

The arrangement is not new--we have had it this way since March. The way it works is one week he has them three nights (Sun, Mon, Tues) and the next week four (Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues). So, it does come out even.    Someone mentioned this not being a common arrangement. What is more commonly done?
I have my two children (4 & 7) from Wed-Sat & ex has them Sat evening-Wed morning. Wednesday evenings are tough for both me and the kids. It is hard for them to make the switch from dad's house to mom's house and it is hard for me to make the shift from my "grown-up time" to my parenting time. Anyone have tips for making this transition easier? Thanks!
Right now my 6 year old DD is in K and my 3 year old DS is in full-day PreK. DS is doing great and I think it is a good environment for him, but DD is having a tough time. Academically she is fine, but she has anxiety & sensory integration disorders, which are greatly increased with going to full-day kindergarten. At this point, I would not even say I am really even considering homeschooling, just trying to figure out if it would even be feasible. I don't want to quit my...
I would love to hear from anyone who has had a child with anxiety that has improved and what you found helpful.   My DD is 6 and has been struggling with moderate to severe anxiety for the past year. Right now her diagnoses are GAD, possible OCD, and Sensory Integration Disorder. She does fine at school, but has extreme difficulty with transitions of any kind, so getting ready to go anywhere is very difficult as is getting ready to leave a place to go back home. When...
Anyone else here struggle more during the holiday season? I sure do. My depression and anxiety get so much worse around Thanksgiving & Christmas time. What has worked for you to manage holiday-related increases in anxiety/depression?   Thanks! Kim
Update: I have been seeing my therapist, been going to couples counseling with my DH, and working on adjusting my medication with psychiatrist. My anxiety/depression are still bothering me, but are more manageable. I am still having a lot of intense feelings for the child psychologist. I have discussed it with him and he was very understanding, yet also very professional, and we discussed that these feelings are likely due to my not having my needs met in marriage. He...
Three was a tough age with my kids. Everyone says "terrible two's", but I think 3 was more difficult than two because, at 3, they seem to have a much stronger idea of what they want and a longer attention span, so are not easily distracted and redirected as they are at 2. But at the same time, they don't quite have the emotion regulation skills that they develop around 4, so it is just hard. Aggressive, clingy, and difficult are not unusual at this age! It doesn't mean...
I just realized this probably belongs in the Depression and Anxiety thread, but I don't know how to move it.
I have a long history of anxiety disorder, but it has been pretty well controlled for several years now. Recently, my 6 year old daughter began having symptoms of anxiety disorder and is now in treatment for it with a child psychologist. The onset of her anxiety has triggered and intensified mine and now I am just going back and forth between intense anxiety and depression. Another aspect of this that is making me anxious is that I have developed an unhealthy attachment...
I would really like to wean my 3 year old DS. I am ready to be done and I would like to be able to go on a trip for a few days in August.  Currently, DS nurses to sleep at night (but DH is able to get him to sleep fine if I am not home), then 1-2 times during the night and again when he wakes in the morning. Some days he takes a nap and nurses to sleep for his nap, but some days doesn't nap, so he doesn't nurse during the day on those days. I am wondering 2 things: 1)...