or Connect

Posts by chic2chic

the "window" for solids stuff is nonsense. neither of my dds started solids until around 14 months, when they could feed themselves, and are now amazing eaters with diverse tastes (were always big and healthy babies, too). most HCPs have no experience with babies breastfed beyond a few months, and base all their advice on formula-fed babies, for whom it's probably much more important to start solids earlier for nutritional purposes.
i've been on a TED for almost 4 months now (yep, that's a long time, but worth it!) and my baby's eczema healed dramatically as a result. he is almost 6 months old, exclusively breastfed. the last month his skin has been beautiful, and i started trialing foods. beans and some seeds are OK; he reacts mildly to fish & potatoes. anyway, i ate 2 eggs two days ago. less than 24 hours later, his cheeks began flaring up. 48 hours later, the rash is spreading over his entire...
my first two have no allergies. my third had terrible eczema starting at 2 months (exclusively breastfed), which has now vanished as i've been on a total elimination diet for almost 4 months. so far he reacts to a handful of foods. my diet this last pregnancy (and in general) was healthier than ever, so i'm still puzzled....
Quote: Originally Posted by changingseasons Please be careful with the cortisone- it is really not a good idea for continual or long-term use. Not only will it damage the skin, but it is suppressing the symptoms, driving them deeper into the body where they can cause other, more serious problems. I hope that Pat chimes in- she knows a lot more about cortisone than I do. yes, i am aware of those things. but i also have a 3-month-old who hasn't...
thanks for all the helpful input. yes, i'm keeping a very detailed journal. i finally found someone today who has agreed to get ds tested, among other things for chicken & turkey (!!!) which have been my mainstay. i'll stick with the diet until we get the test results. we have to use cortisone on a daily basis now (nothing to be done, and i hoped we wouldn't come to that). but at least i've found a doctor who is behind my decision to continue breastfeeding 100% -- which...
no, none of the foods are new, and i haven't been eating anything packaged/processed anyway. only thing that's new is the cream i've been using on him for 2 weeks: vanicream. the allergist recommended it, and it was the one moisturizer (i've tried all the others) that didn't seem to irritate him and worked great for at least a week. is it possible he has suddenly become allergic to that? : if so, i have nothing left to put on his poor skin...
i'm ending week 5 of a TED. baby's eczema improved radically in the last 2 weeks, but in the last 2 days he's had a terrible flare-up. face is inflamed, crusting over with eczema, body itching, terrible itching all night. i have introduced no new foods. not a one. what is going on? is it a normal (i.e. healing) reaction, or is he allergic to something else? (ds is 3.5 months old) or is the TED not working at all? ETA: last night we had to use cortisone for the first...
i'm on a TED, exclusively bf-ing a 3-month-old. just want to add that it may take longer than you expect to see improvement... but for me it has been totally worth it! i'm on day 28 today, but the biggest improvements have been since i also eliminated all beans and seeds (10 days ago), as a pp mentioned. what's out: dairy, eggs, wheat, oats, corn, soy, fish, nuts, beans, seeds, citrus, nightshade veggies what's in: turkey, chicken, lamb, rice, a little quinoa, and...
i'm assuming it is, but does anyone have any other thoughts on this? anyone whose baby reacted to grass-fed beef in mom's diet? my baby is 3 months old, exclusively breastfed, and i've been on an almost-TED for a month now. i have a good source of organic, grass-fed beef: how allergenic would it be?
thanks, all your responses are so helpful. guess i'll lay off the buckwheat for now...