or Connect

Posts by twinalicious

With all the scary toxic stuff out there I feel like I am on wild goose chase to find safe food storage containers. Especially for my kids lunches. Is BPA free (polypropylene #5) plastic really safe? What about metal lunch containers made in China? Glass with plastic lids??? ... I'm going crazy here! I’m thinking the only safe thing for school lunches is bags made from organic cotton. But my son’s gluten free bread would be stale by lunch in that…urgh. Why is this such a...
Thanks for the link. And yes that is what I am looking for activities but ones that are focused. I just don't have time or energy to plan them, that's why I want them all laid out for me and all I have to do is choose which one I want to do and be able to shop ahead for them etc...
Hello! I have twin boys that just started kindergarten. It is tearing me up that I have to send them to public school. I'm a single mom and right now I have no choice but to work outside home.   I am hoping to find some homeschooling curriculum that I can use as after school supplements to their public school education. I am interested in stuff that incorporates seasons, crafts and the natural world. Does anyone have old lessons or books... how does this work? Or can...
Defiantly do NOT split them up! I have twins and I think it would be harder for them to be apart from each other than to be away from the two of you, kwim? I don't have to share custody so I don't have any direct experience with this but a friend of mine just got divorced and they split it 50/50 by the week. Their daughter seems to be adjusting and she is 3. When she is at mom's she has a daddy doll and a mama doll when she's with dad. She does go to day care so...
Quote: Originally Posted by montlake Disagree, because "if there is a problem" in this scenario it is usually one parent refusing to return the child after a visit. And mama can't get her baby back until she goes to court and gets a formal custody order. Which can't happen fast enough for a mother separated from her child. It protects both parties to go ahead and have a formal custody arrangement. I can see you point BUT if that kind of behavior...
CS will depend on the living arrangements of your dc, I have friends that share custody 50-50 and neither pay CS. If you guys are on good terms (or at least able to communicate) there is no reason why you have to involve the courts at all. Work out an agreement between the two of you and only involve the courts if there is a problem.
I agree if they are happy...let them be! I spent a lot of time on the floor with mine together b/c i didn't want to hold one more than the other etc. But you HAVE to take time for yourself while you can... if that means your babies play by themselves for a little while then that's FINE. You know they aren't alone anyway... they have each other! You don't sprint at the beginning of a marathon do you? Well mama, you are only at the beginning so don't burn yourself...
I chose not to have an epidural with my twins but ended up getting one after 50 hours of induced labor... I only had it for 4 hours, I could still feel everything but it was not painful. Everyone is different and you never know what will happen. If I learned one thing through my pregnancy was to be open, to always have a plan B, and not to be attached to any one way. If I where to do it again, I would have signed the paper work before hand, but still waited until it...
Quote: Originally Posted by singin'intherain Windorabug, please don't hold back! Where do you find the grants and scholarships for single moms? I've searched, and come up with a few small ones- like $500 (please!), two awards and 600 people applying! How do you do it? Go to your schools financial aide department. You can also apply online for Pell Grants at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
I'm a student and single with twins. I get Pell grants that cover all my schooling. Up until now I have done night classes and family has babysat, but come summer I will take day classes and I will get CYFD to cover tuition (however they only cover until the child is old enough to go to public school) It's doable!