or Connect

Posts by ReneeC

I personally like flannel for fitteds--I use 7 layers & that will contain two pees for my DD (but I can *tell* that it's wet after one, so I can change as soon as possible, she has sensitive skin). Not everyone likes flannel, because some flannels get really pilly for a while (if you keep washing, it will loose the pills and soften up even more), and it's hard to tell sometimes what one will do. I like to use Killington flannel (a thicker flannel, normally cream-colored)...
PUL can indeed be dyed! The fabric backing (substrate) that the PU film is laminated to is normally polyester, so a dye that works on polyester should work on your PUL. Another option would be to use acrylic paints (thinned a little with water), I've seen some pics of painted PUL that was very pretty! The problem that you face is really that you'll be overdying, so you need to keep your base color(s) in mind when you choose your color. If you dye the pink PUL cut...
Quote: Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma The problem with labeling everything "adult" though is that as far as I understand and read this specific legislation, *they* get to determine what counts as an item for kids 12 and under, not us. Yes, there is an "obviousness" factor written into the law, both for the items (infant-sized diapers are obviously for children, bibs with hugging bears and "I Wuv My Mommy" embroidered on them are obviously...
Quote: Originally Posted by NoliMum I doubt it will affect resale. Garage sales have no regulations- I could sell you a can of lead paint out of my garage any day, and that have been banned for 30 years. Resale shops sell products "as is" and they are not always safe because of the use and abuse they've been through, with missing parts, breaks, etc. Actually, the way the Act is worded, it *does* affect resale. The CPSC has made an official...
Quote: Originally Posted by aniT A friend of mine wanted some night gowns for her daughter with sensory issues. You can't buy cotton ones because they don't make them. The only thing you can buy is spun plastic. I suggest she buy some cotton flannel and have her mom make some. You can in fact buy cotton sleepwear for children. Carter's makes them for one, I bought 100% cotton pajamas for my DS at Target. They have a hang tag on them that...
Those who are wondering how the laws apply to cloth diapers specifically, as well as why I *don't* think we should be asking to be excluded (I am talking about cloth diaper WAHMs specifically, not toymakers--I don't make toys, so I'll leave that up to someone else )...I wrote this article after having realized what a unique opportunity this is to finally differentiate between disposable and cloth diapers in the minds of consumers. Disposable diaper manufacturers took...
Quote: Originally Posted by aniT I don't WANT my fabrics flame retarded and is pisses me off that the government forces me/my family to sleep in/wear toxic chemicals. : Grumble grumble grumble grumble They haven't made any changes to the flammable fabrics act that would require all fabrics to be flame retardant. You will still be able to make the choice between buying polyester (which is considered to be naturally flame retardant and...
LOL, so I'm not the only one in bed with all the kiddos and DH hiding on the couch? Lovin' the new forum names
Very funny
OMGosh, the new title is *so* funny! My DS (2.5 years old, nurses occasionally when he gets jealous of his little sis) keeps asking me if I'll go to college with him...