or Connect

Posts by naturalmama3

I just bought a whisper wear pump because I pump so much during the day. Has anyone out there had any experience with these. It is battery powered, hands free and fits in your bra and you are supposed to be able to go about the house doing whatever while you pump instead of being saddled to a plug in pump? I am having no luck with this pump and am not happy with it. It has been out since January and I am going to complain and demand my money back, personal product or...
Bananas mom; Here is a link about Goat's Rue http://www.motherlove.com/plants_goatsrue.html From what I have read goat's rue is one of the more powerful galactogogues, used more in Europe it is used a lot in adoptive mom's to induce lactation it is supposed to increase mammary tissue. I have only been taking it for a week so it would not be fair to make an assessment of it just yet. It does however say on the product literature "not for use during pregnancy, may lower...
Mocha; How often did you pump? Like you I only get the 1/2-1 oz. per pumping session and I pump 7-8 times per day, have been on the dom X 3 weeks and am worried it may not be doing anything. How much fenugreek did you take? We're you ever able to pump any more out? I fingerfed X 2 weeks and just was too exhausted to keep it up. My dd who was tongue-tied with bad latch is just getting the latch down at almost 6 weeks now. I have been on the fenugreek for 5 weeks...
I bought 1200 pills, I can't remember how much it cost, I think $120. You take 8 a day so that will last 5 mos. I guess! I agree, if I have a fifth I will buy it prior to the birth. I have been trying the fenugreek, blessed thistle, and alfalfa as well as the more milk plus and goat's rue from motherlove.com. I am not sure what to think of them other than that I smell like maple syrup and the fenugreek also gives you ((horrendous)) gas I think I would try the tinctures...
Hi Tess; Boy can I relate. I have a 5 1/2 week old dd and she never latched from the start. I couldn't even use the LC because she just didn't latch! I had to start supplementing from day 5 on and I tried the fingerfeeding for 2 weeks but it was too exhausting for me. She has started nursing off and on but it seems to me I have very little milk as I do not feel full and I can only pump about 1/2-1 oz. at a time (so depressing). I even started pumping 7-8 times from...
Lavendar Mama; Wow, I was going to write a post about hypoplastic breasts. I have wondered if this could be my problem. I am small breasted size A and my breasts didn't change much in pregnancy, maybe a B. I never have breast tenderness even on my period. I did however become somewhat engorged. I don't have all of the symptoms (I have about an inch in between breasts). I haven't found a lot on this but I have read that 40% of women with hypoplastic breasts can...
Well, this thread is definitely for me, the queenie of low millk supply. My fourth baby was born 4 weeks ago today (full term, at home) and with my last two, my babies stopped nursing early on and when I started to pump only 20 ml would come out every 2 hours still. I am still pumping on the fenugreek, blessed thistle, alfalfa, oatmeal, more milk plus and am waiting for my goats rue. I have been on domperidone for two weeks now, nothing yet! I am really bummed. I...
What did it for me was the fact that our government protects the vaccine manufacturers and doctors from any liability from vaccine injury. They went so far as to create the national vaccine injury compensation program to compensate families with vaccine injured children with a 3 year statute of limitations. This is nuts!!! You notice there are no federal laws on vaccines...only state laws. How will the drug companies ever be motivated to research vaccine reactions if...
domperidone is a gastrointestinal drug that has now been replaced by propulcid, it happens to have a side effect of increasing prolactin levels boosting milk supply. It has virtually no side-effects per pediatrician Dr. Jack Newman who runs a bf'ing clinic in Canada and is big into bf'ing. He has a web site with all the info.
Michelle; Was your baby 4 mos. old before you started the domperidone? I haven't noticed a real marked increase in breast milk pumped, maybe 10cc. after 3 days, makes me worry...DaryLLL, yes dd is tongue tied but we clipped it a small amt. at 5 days old because it was to the end of her tongue and it is hard to find a dr. to clip here but we did find one and are going to see if it should be clipped further. I have had problems in the past (this is baby #4) last two...