or Connect

Posts by blueberrymamma

I took my 5 yr old daughter to the dentist this morning under the notion she was having 1 cavity filled. I was asked to sit outside of the busy room full of children & dentists/assistants & outside at the viewing window, & am now kicking myself for not asking questions. At the end of the visit I met her inside to find they had crowned her bottom tooth, 3rd from the center w/ stainless steel. I can't believe this wasn't discussed w/ me beforehand on options involoved....
Chances are, "Once an Herb Smoker, always an Herb Smoker". Can't change a person. Ultimatums result in lying & hiding use. Must be a happy medium to reach. Maybe dad could buy his own? Am amazed to read some of the views on smoking cannabis. How about mushrooms. Heaven forbid!!! Back in the day, women used hashish oil to ease childbirth pain. We must not forget our roots, ganja has been around & people have been using it medicinally since the beginning.. Not to...
I agree w/ khrisday. You can never go wrong w/ a book. Well, unless they already have it. But it sure beats shipping a toy that doesn't get played with. Our niece just turned 2 & because we didn't know what she has at home & she lives far away we opted for a book that was beautiful & had lots of interactive activities like counting, colors, word rhymes etc. It's very special when it's signed & dated too. The Giving Tree is a book I've made sure every child we know...
Megieblue So sorry your to hear your son is suffering an earache. What a dilema! There are some wonderful alternatives to antiobiotics. Allergies can create swelling of the mucous membranes & fluid in the ear. Some things I'd eliminate for the time being are dairy products, wheat, citrus, eggs, peanuts. All of those foods should be avoided even if your son is not allergic. They add stress to the immune system making it harder to heal. Often times earaches are...
Excellent suggestions here! I love the photo album idea too! Been there w/ the lap child. Flew 4 times w/ 3 dd's one on the lap. Had to have lots of activities to keep them occupied. Last summer dd (then 18 mths) & I took a 6 hour car trip. I was worried w/o pappa & the other 2 girls to help out. Besides the usual crayons/paper, books etc. the thing that saved the day was a package of stickers I bought at the dollar store. Tiny smiley faces & she literally spent...
This thread caught my eye. I was recently in the same dilema! (almost started a Help! thread too. :*) dd 24 mths took interest in the potty last Dec. She'd use the potty seat on the toilet once in a while & still wore diapers. Then one day she decided she no longer wanted to wear diapers & refused to. So we let her have her way. I always gave her the option of a diaper or undies & she usually chose undies. But, often times she'd disappear somewhere & I'd find she'd...
>>>We are planning a home waterbirth for our newest expectation. Congratulations Mommy StormRaven! Having had 2 out of 3 dd's in water, I wish I'd done 3 out of 3. But of course, the first was a nightmare of a hospital experience which led us to a home water birth. I only wish I knew then what I know now, especially regarding tubs. Papa & I considered renting one, but looked for the most cost efficient & comfy tub. We opted to use our midwives inflatable hot tub....
Kakies, a wonderful resource may be a buying club if there's a wholesale distributer in your area. We lived in a very rural area of VT & didn't have many options when it came to "affordable" organic produce. We learned about a buying club through our midwife & joined a large group of ppl who bought bulk goods through a distributer. Organic produce has a much longer shelf life than nonorganic which means buying in bulk will save you $, not to mention health benefits....
My 2 cents.. Richie'smama, I understand the feeling of being touched out especially when you're tandem nursing. When I'm active around the house dd won't hang on me as much & I'd imagine because you may be nursing one child it's an invite for the other to cling. These years go so fast, one day you may look back & miss your little on hanging on you.. It must be difficult to teach that you don't want to be touched w/o ds feeling rejected.. But IMO, teaching a child...
"Take it if you need it or leave it if you dare" I have learned from my parents mistakes & parent completely different than I was raised.. Having not been breastfed, (anyone elses mom uncomfortable w/ the sight of their daughter bf their granddaughter?) emotionally abused, 2 parents at work, growing up on processed food & soda & materialism, just a few examples of why I parent the way I do. From kindergarten on I was responsible for getting myself up for school &...