or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by triscuitsmom

How wonderful that he is here in your arms safe and sound. I am thrilled that this was a better experience all around for you and great job Mama on listening to your instincts!!! Welcome to the world Elias
Quote: Originally Posted by onyxravnos personally i think most people tear because of purple pushing or otherwise not just going with what their body wants to do. While I would definitely agree this plays a part IME genetics/personal factors seem to be the hugest factor. My I have had an epidural twice although the second time I wasn't flat on my back. Neither of them was in the position or the rhythm for pushing that I would have been on my...
No stretching/massage here! Three babies and only a small skid mark with the first. All three came quickly (20 minutes pushing, 15 minutes from 4cm to baby in arms, and then 12 minutes pushing). They were 8lbs 12oz, 7lbs 13oz, and 9lbs 5oz. The last one was obviously my biggest and also had the biggest head, which was round, not molded when he was born and I couldn't believe how good I felt when he was born. No pain in my nether regions at all!
Quote: Originally Posted by xekomaya I'm so sorry. I would absolutely go if you can physically manage. Yep, me too.
DDC to send tons of ELV to you. I've been thinking about you tons lately.
Quote: Originally Posted by Just1More Ds was like that, too. He was 8lb 10oz at birth and 12 pounds at a month. 2 months he was 15lbs, and by 3 and half he was 20 lbs. (And then he didn't gain until well past age 1.) Go figure. He's 3 now, and only weighs 33 pounds. Yep, this was DS1 to a tee. In fact both of my older kids have gained a lot at first and then evened out in the end. Makes for nice chunky breastfed infants though
Quote: Originally Posted by Piglet68 As the adult, I consider school to be NOT in the best interests of my child, and would no more allow them to choose school before they've had a few years of unschooling under their belt, than I would let them decide what kind of car we should buy or what investment vehicles we should use for our savings. I don't consider this hypocrisy. I agree with your whole post, but the part I quoted is what I was trying...
Quote: Originally Posted by KittyDanger I just think it's the opposite of what "child led learning" is about...if your child is indicating that she would like to go to school and you are trying to minimize her desire then you are not letting her lead you. We are unschooling. And I agree with this. And I disagree too... hugely... because I strongly disagree that a 2.5 year old (the age of the OP child) can fully comprehend the pros and cons to...
Quote: Originally Posted by LovnMyBoys I am savouring every moment of this newborn stage. The past 6 days have been a blur of wonderful chaos. Elias is nursing well, so well that my milk was in the next day. The older boys love him and are always giving him kisses and cuddles. This is us too Our sons were born on the same day and my milk was in the next day too and our two older boys are totally in love. They fight over who gets to hold him...
I had my one week postpartum visit today (he's six days old). Baby and I both checked out perfectly. He's already above his birth weight by 3 ounces... he's up to 9lbs 8oz! I'm thrilled to have another baby that is doing so well right from the start. My first did, but then my second was born early for me (38 weeks, but he wasn't cooked fully) and he had weight gain issues at the start and also jaundice. Neither of those are problems with Malachi, which I am so grateful...
New Posts  All Forums: