or Connect

Posts by triscuitsmom

Thank you so much for all of the ELVs and positive thoughts Mamas! I finally got around to posting a birth story http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1262105 It's hard to believe that this time a week ago I was in labour! Time seriously goes fast with a newborn. He was weighed today and is already up 3oz over his birth weight to 9lbs 8oz! He is perfect and amazing and we couldn't be more in love with him
Vitamin D is passed through breastmilk but only in small amounts. However, like iron, it is in a form that is highly usable by baby unlike supplements. We live in Canada, and even in the winter we do not supplement with vitamin D. It is recommended for all breastfed infants for the small percentage of babies who will need it (like vitamin K at birth is). There is lots of good information here: http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/vi...vitamin-d.html Babies are born with...
Quote: Originally Posted by SaoirseC LOL, my little brother is 17 and I made him hold his nephew. We were on padded carpet (at home we have all hardwood floors), and I think he was just hesitant because of a lack of experience. With my first I did this. I got a picture of them together. I'm pretty sure he didn't hold my second as a newborn though and I'm sure he hasn't held the new one yet. For my brother he really doesn't have much interest in...
I was 8.5 years when my sister was born and I carried her all around right from the start. She was "my" baby Our brother was 6 years old at the time and he didn't carry her around by himself until she had head control and more body control. He would've been 7 probably before he was confidently carrying her. I'm with those who say it totally depends on the kid. When my second was born I handed him off at church to my friends daughters who were 10, 12, and 13 at the...
I can hardly believe it's time for me to be typing up another birth story here. It seems like just yesterday that I was typing up Linus'. This birth, my third, didn't go as planned but in the end it was a good birth all in all A bit of background... My first birth was a induction at 43 weeks for medical reasons. My asthma flared, and I was put on a course of prednisone and induced when it was safe to do so. My second birth was an induction at 38 weeks after prolonged...
When I was in your shoes I decided to just wait it out. An ECV didn't feel right to me and so I decided to wait and attempt a vaginal delivery knowing I might not get one in labour. As it was he flipped... all on his own and it was after his due date so it does happen. I will be sending head down vibes for you Mama.
Quote: Originally Posted by an_aurora But those do have fabric behind the child. Quote: Originally Posted by pumpkinhead Between the straps and the child means the straps on top. So if there is fabric underneath the baby, that's "between the straps and the child". So, it's addind extra padding behind the baby which puts them at risk for ejection because the straps won't fit as snugly as they would if the extra fabric weren't...
It is indeed me It's easier to text than to update on here so I will just text updates to Illianna but I wanted to say thank you for the ELVs. Contractions are 3-4 minutes apart at this point and definitely stronger :P Babe and I are handling labour perfectly so far
Quote: Originally Posted by LovnMyBoys I'm making progress. Slow but enough that the midwives are hanging out here. I am 6 cm and 85% and baby has come down alot. Contractions are getting more intense and seem to be coming close to every 5 mins now. That is great news! You are doing awesome Mama
Not yet for me... will be in two days if I'm still pregnant though. However my first was a 43 weeker so I definitely commiserate. Major Mamas. I hope your sweet babies come to you soon