or Connect

Posts by honeybunmom

My daughter's teacher (1st grade) maintains a blog which includes photos and short descriptions of what's going on in the classroom.  He also sends out emails to let us know what is being covered in class.  I believe they are weekly. He also has an open door policy (although I've never availed myself of it).
I'd suggest starting with your CPA to obtain referrals for a consultant/businss which can provide this type of service.
Be careful about the business organization advice you are receiving here.  Unless the statute of the state under which your LLC was organized has the same rules as the state under which the people giving advice have, the advice is irrelevant.  What you are able to do will depend on what the laws say for your LLC's state of organization and what the operating agreement states (if one was drawn up at all).  While there are great similarities in the statutes from state to...
I hadn't budgeted anything, but recently changed that to $100 per month which I don't expect to spend. I buy new jeans and shirts for DH for Christmas.  My mom always gives him nice sweaters/shirts . . . so much so that after 8 Christmases, he still has some with tags on, so, I put a stop to it this past year.  I rarely buy any new clothes.  My main incentive for not gaining weight is that I work in a professional environment and the cost of a new wardrobe would be...
My 6 year old is doing this and has been for quite a while.  I have been very clear with her that it is a private matter to touch herself.  I know there is no UIT/infection/allergy/irritation issue because she flatly responds that it feels good.  I have validated that and continue to remind her that touching herself is something to be done in private.  I remind her that it is not an activity for school or any place else outside the house.  I am hoping she will be too...
We are a Waldorf family in an urban setting.  We live within the city limits in a large house, but in a rough neighborhood (which is how we could afford a large house, hoping the neighborhood would soon gentrify, but then 2008 happened) and the school is within the city limits.  I do have a blog, but it is not kept up very well since I work full time out of the house.  My most recent entries are crafting and knitting focused.  We planted a few tomato plants and basil...
Yeah, I'm of the mind of zebra15.  At 80, your dad may be thinking "can't take it with me! and, hey, it's my 80th so why not spend it on bringing me entire family around me?" My mom is 68, retired and just got back from Australia yesterday.  She knows how I'm doing financially and when she offers to pay for my daughter's airfare to visit her, or leaves a check at the end of her visit, I accept it, thankfully.  And I'm an attorney with a good paying job.  But, she knows...
I lived in Hyde Park for 15 years before moving to the west side 2 years ago.  Miss it. There is a farmer's market every Thursday from late spring to early October in Harper Square.  There are nice restaurants, but not the plethora you find on the North side.  WF has a market under development for that neighborhood, but, I love Hyde Park Produce store.  Very friendly neighborhood market with good prices and a decent, albeit small, organic selection.  Parks galore and...
I would ask whether the specific Waldorf school you are considering offers educational support, and if so, what does that look like? Because in our school (which is still developing, i.e., it does not yet have all the grades it will have, having only opened 3 years ago), the program is being developed to assist the kids that are ahead (to continue to engage them) as well as to meet the needs of those need additional assistance to get up to and maintain speed.
With Valentine's Day around the corner, my daughter (6) has asked about making Valentine's Day cards for her class.  I think we'll just do what we did last year.  We started by taking some of our water color paper and painting it red. Then, we cut it into hearts and made a card for each child in the class.    Currently finishing up dd's spring sweater. Once that is off the needles I have a knitting pattern to test for overalls sized to fit various sized Waldorf...