or Connect

Posts by In Exile

What do exemptions for Kindergarten have to do with financing universal healthcare?? Nothing. Btw, I read the "throwing into camps" in this thread. It seems that some people love to "confuse" topics, just like it happens here. Illegal Immigrants, vax exemptions and universal healthcare all get lumped together. You asked for paying for universal healthcare? I am sure mass vaccination will raise those funds...I guess you really cannot see this fear of mass vaccination has...
Just ask anybody with an HMO how FREE their choice of Doctors is... Just ask around what it means for paying for a Doc "out of network" and other fun games. So much for "universal healthcare means I can't chose." Nobody is going to take anything away from those that have healthcare- but I don't find anything wrong giving unisured people a way to get insured. Quite frankly I don't get the rise in conspiracy hububb- especially after the last 8 years. I found that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cristiaz I couldn't of said it better myself. In my mind, it is up to me and me alone (well, my husband too) how our daughter is taken care of. I carried her inside me, had a homebirth for her safety as well as my own, and have never vaxed her, for her safety and in respect for her body. No one else should have the right to make decisions about her health but me. This case with the child with chemo has really freaked me out and...
I think I am sounding annoyed because that couple has been nothing but a souce of drama. Whenever they are involved it's something unpleasant. My husband gets constant calls whenever they fight, the husband was using us as against his wife, when he was struggling with his drug addiction- we got into some very uncomfortable situation. Whenever we hear from them it's drama. Oh, I also got into some very strange "be the judge" situation with aforementioned LHMC who is...
Quote: Originally Posted by crunchy_mama I vote ignore! We have had an acquaintance diagnosis ds as ADHD having seen him only a handful of times for a couple of minutes and he says this at it is just fact(he is a psychologist- if I remember right). He is an odd duck himself though. Must be some kind of common theme among some- going around and "diagnosing" other people's kids. The thing is that this couple has so much on their own plates...
Quote: Originally Posted by winter singer Now I know how to get dd to sttn...... That stuff works great on me. Makes me sleepy everytime. DS? Not so much.
Quote: Originally Posted by sbgrace I wouldn't mention something like that even if I was sure. So weird of her to do that. A lot of stuff you mention doesn't preclude autism. But you also don't mention any flags. High needs certainly doesn't mean autism. And so if he doesn't have any flags there is no reason to have an evaluation. If he is pointing/waving bye bye (and was pointing by 12 months), responding consistently to his name, playing pretend,...
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan Someone's pissy that her grandkids can't spend the night. laughuplaughup
Quote: Originally Posted by homewithtwinsmama A busybody. Ignore her. That was my first reaction. How can you even just throw out a "diagnosis" like that when you barely see the kid? She has no kids of her own and never really spent any normal playtime with a toddler- I think she never really witnessed curious toddlers discovering toilet flushes, light switches, garage doors etc- I was under the impression that most toddlers find these things...
WWYD? A friend of the family called up my husband and suggested looking into Asperger's- friend thinks my DS should get checked out for it. Friend is a LMHC and has only seen DS maybe 5 times total- usually for something like 5 minutes when she was dropping something off. My DS (27 months old) was playing with his water table pouring water into a water wheel to make it spin- according to friend playing and absolutely loving water is "being obsessed". Same goes for...