or Connect

Posts by In Exile

Sounds easy, doesn't it? During the last visit of my inlaws I noticed that my FIL has a very abrupt way of "ending" activities with my DS. Say, they play with something that my DS reaaaaaaallly loves and then after a short amount of time he just takes it away and declates the activity as over, snap! Huge emotional outbreak on DS part, lots of tears. I thought, okay, maybe he'll realize, you need to give it a couple of minutes, announce, "we'll be done soon okay, toy goes...
Any other Naturopaths in the area that are good with thyroid/adrenal/Hormones in General?
We bought a Beto Reclining Bike Seat a while ago and I love the way I can just take it off in a minute to put on my husband's bike etc- is there any bike seat with a higher weight limit? Kettler seems to be highest- and it's almost impossible to find Hamax Seats in the US-they go up to 22kg. So, what are you riding around that supports your little bricks?
I have been checked for Iron levels which have been not the highest but normal. So the fatigue is propably not related to low Iron levels. I also have a lot of muscle pain (had horrific muscles cramps in my back that were basically ignored by my OB/Gyn- I was prescribed muscled relaxant without her touching me once) I usually go to an HMO- and never know who I am actually going to see. Whether they are "family physicians" or whatever else they are. It's beyond...
2 years postpartum I am trying to figure out what's going- I am at the point that I don't even know who to go to and see. In the past both my PCP and OB/Gyn were both acting as if things are not "their field." Does this sound like thyroid to you? -low energy (just brushing my teeth will be a mind bending fight to bring up the energy, working out is not making me feel better, on the contrary- I feel worse) -not loosing ANY pregnancy weight, except for some water in...
Did anybody personally have experiences with the folks at North Coast Family Health in Portsmouth? I read some raving reviews for Dr.Hecht in regards to thyroid issues. They are not exactly a "bargain" financially so I was just wondering if anybody here had some hormonal issues and could tell me some thinkg about their office, how do you like it and why, different providers etc. 2 years postpartum I need to figure out some health issues and am at a total loss of were...
Quote: Originally Posted by frontierpsych What kind of houses are you people living in?! I can't even fit a King in my bedroom! Did I just read "keep both the Queen and King in your room"?? That certainly would not work. I have our old fullsize in DS "room" and our new king in our bedroom. That way we have to "real" beds and can just collapse where needed. I was dealing with futon in DS room and that was plain awful. After a while the "filling"...
Quote: Originally Posted by frontierpsych What kind of houses are you people living in?! I can't even fit a King in my bedroom! I an room that is stuffed with the bed, yes. It literally takes up the whole room, they is only a narrow, narrow space to walk around it on tippy toes. It completely overwhelms the bedroom but it's worth it. We live in a condo not really a "house."
Well, you do what you have to do...you know? It is a lot easier to never yell when you have a somewhat sleeping child...when you have been tortured night by night for YEARS I find it very admirable if you "only" yell occasionally and still dont hit, you know? It is SOOO hard not to virtually throw DS across the room when he has yet another freakout. Good luck with the dairy part, I really hope that helps, it must be beyong great when something you do actually makes a...
Not to be mean- but please be cautious in your expectations. We checked high and low for allergies, I starved myself to near death (I am also vegetarian- that does not leave you with much to eat on elimination diets) forever trying to see a difference- there was none. No amount of "no dairy, soy" etc, anything. Hats of to you for being patient- my son is 2 years old and some night I do have to yell and/or leave the room because it is grating on your nerves if your...