or Connect

Posts by In Exile

Quote: Originally Posted by knowerofnada Because you can catch diseases from your computer, of course. Especially viruses. That's why I have a Mac, less trouble. And my PC still gets viruses despites loads of vaxes, ahem, firewall and virus scans. I just love it. Online school wants vax records. No wait, the vax will prevent your computer from getting sick. "One less!".
I don't ever debate anything, nothing. Especially not with family. I don't want to spend the next years "defending" myself. You know your family- I just have a feel who is receptive to what. With certain people I don't even talk about teething tablets- especially MDs, our Ped seems to be the only one who is open minded in that direction. Every other MD, forget it- especially family. I have a Doc in my family as well and she is just annoying. OP, you know debate is...
Quote: Originally Posted by mtiger OMG, no. No. No. No. And No again. Pascha is NOTHING like Pannetone! Pascha is more like cheesecake filling, formed in the shape of a flat-topped pyramid! What you are thinking of is Kulich. Similar consistency, different flavor. Totally. Usually cylindrical (we use coffee cans as forms), iced on top decorated with a XB. If anyone needs either recipe, I'd be happy to share. We've used the same one since at least...
Quote: Originally Posted by Scattershoot They'd probably wink at her and give her a pat on the back, knowing the nurse "did the right thing" considering how ignorant the parent was to not want such a life saving medical procedure. They have to save us from ourselves. The lawyer should mention "assault with a deadly weapon", you certainly have the law behind you. You refused a vaccination, that was part of the record-who the heck gives a vaccine...
CALL A LAWYER! NOW! DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING WITH THE HOSPITAL AT THIS POINT. NOTHING. Call a lawyer ASAP to be be with for any hospital communication. "Risk management team"- risk for whom? Risk for the hospital getting sued? Even if you are not sue happy= don't let this slide. I don't buy the "mistake"-after you sign a refusal, somebody wanted to show you "who's boss". Please get any paperwork that states the vaccination has happened. DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING THE HOSPITAL...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthla How cool! I didn't know the Afterworld had internet access! I think the mainstream medical people would describe you as "lucky" that you didn't succumb to a childhood illness, and that your parents were irresponsible as you could have exposed other, weaker, individuals to measles, etc when you got those illnesses. Even during the worst plagues, many individuals survived. The fact that there are some unvaxed adults...
Wow, that's another insideful look into "at least pretend to think you want to give parents a say in a medical decision"- while on the first page she's asking "why don't parents want the best for their children?" She's talking about some "disconnect" and makes clear how disconnecting she is. Please- I don't vax because I DON'T want the best for my child? I obviously I want something "inferior", of course Dr. The first page is full of insults how parents are to lazy and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Baby Makes 4 That's me too. A skirt cup just above the knee looks awfully short on me because I still have a LOT of leg showing below it but the only time in my life I have more than an A cup is when I am nursing. You know that is very true. I have been on the receiving end of "comments" since I was freakin' 11 years old. I am the "body type" that supposively everyone wants- long legs, huge breast. What did that get...
AuburnBeth, you don't owe them ANYTHING. That's just some kind of thing to intimidate you and get back at you. You did not join the military, your husband did. Nice try of going after people for "disobedience" though. Next time a receptionist goes after you- she needs to know what her job is. She can throw a hissy and your allowed to be upset-just tell you are not obligated to do so, ask for the exact regulation and otherwise tell her you are not debating the issue any...
Make sure your fridge is full of the essentials: POTATOES, lots of them. Yukon or so=not red. Dries mushrooms- no ladies, not for when you need a break, but for her to cook with Sour cream- she will be happy to have something that resembles "smetana"- it's used on everything. Whether on blinys or Borsch- Sour cream is IMPORTANT. Good loose leaf tea- Darjeeling or something. None of those pesky earl grey tea bag stuff- after all, that's just "leftovers from the...