or Connect

Posts by In Exile

I gave birth in a Hospital in NH with a midwife and was able to decline Hep B with no problem, no eye goop and we did an oral route of Vitamin K. The hospital staff itself was great, supported out decision (!!! one nurse who brought me the waiver said she does not vax her kids....and said good for you for making an informed decision, regardless of what her decision is-another nurse supported out oral vitamin K decision)-the only problem was our midwife who decided to...
I had great experiences at Logan Airport in Boston, recently. Nobody touched my Medela Bottles etc-nothing. They just sort of like it when you announce beforehand that you have these containers. THey were happy enough when I opened the Medela Cooling Bag with the bottles in them and I kept repeating it to them so they were not "surprised". Sorry they made you jump through hoops. (and I had cow's milk in them...)
Thanks kneegraber! Kind of my feelings. I always find it troubling to tell someone else whether it's "enough" to go out and protest. Going out on the street and making yourself heard is a basic right and that somebody feels "disturbed" by that is kind of the point. I never hoped to be arrested or anything like that by I have taken to street numerous times because sometimes that's just what you have do you. The civil rights movement would have never taken off if people...
Educating people is certainly key. But then again- no civil rights or human rights came "easy" just by educating people and hoping they will see "their errors". Sometimes it just does not work that way. There are plenty of people who have heard forever how breast is best etc- yet they will use any opportunity to express their personal feelings of "breastfeeding being gross". Overcoming open and legal rassism in this country certainly did not happen because somebody...
I said "also", could have said "as well". In addition to the NYT. Is that really so important? I ALSO don't don't tend to get much Info from Wiki. Last I checked my dictionary the word "also" can be used they way I did. Some people mentioned the NYT as new source on all things catholic and I ALSO mentioned Wikipedia. Does that suffice??
Hm, they meddle "meatless fridays" into the mix as a thing that nobody does?? Heck all things mentioned in the article never went away. My husband is waaaay under 50 and never ate meat on Fridays, especially during Lent. I went through RCIA as an Adult and I am surprised to hear about these "things coming back." Oh well. I also don't trust Wikipedia on anything "catholic", quite frankly there are better sources to find out about any of these.
6 months for a lot of kids in Germany. So that's not going to help you. For whatever reason those magical 6 months seem to be an almost "religious" recommendation and a lot of moms wean to introduce bottles around that time. It seems that the "solid food" recommendation (actually "Beikost" in German which make actually more sense than "solid food" in english-because "Beikost" means "additional food", not "sole") is being interpreted as "weaning". So, Germany...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/...order_midwives Anybody hear this story? Edit in thread title: I mean born with the HELP of mifwifes, not TO....sorry
Wow, looks like "organized" smearing to me. Most likely toooooootal conincidence because I have seen the "faking Dr.Wakefield" mentioned a bit too often lately. I guess somebody in "high ranks" finally picked up onto his name being mentioned by the "anti-vaccine movement?" So it's time to hammer that name as "faker" into people's mind. THe more often you repeat it the more people will reject him right away without ever even having looked into any of his work. Should we...
Quote: Originally Posted by mom0810 Did anyone catch the last sentence of the film, where they said that in 1994 the government declared polio eradicated in the US? Then why are we still vaccinating for it 15 years later? Well, you know, because you have to keep up the legend that we're polio free BECAUSE "everone" is vaccinated. You have to brand the non-vaxers somehow, and villainization will keep us vaxing and the economy humming. Nobody...