or Connect

Posts by rumismom

I'm in Canada and we just upgraded our DS to the newest Radian and moved DD into his old Radian (she doesn't yet need head 'wings' which the new radians have). The Radian XT is not the cheapest seat but my thought was that I'll have it for years and will not mind the extra $$ if I find myself in an accident. We've been VERY happy with their product, bought a 2nd one! Also our neighbours have 3 boys and they fit 3 Radian's across the back seat of a Honda Pilot... they love...
I don't know but I love the Radian - we now have two of them. Our neighbour has 3 in a row in a Honda Pilot. Maybe you can go for a test drive to the car seat store? *grin* (Our neighbours that bought the pilot were test driving everything home to see what would fit in their garage best - funny!)
We co-sleep - don't have a crib... she's 6 months, crawling and pulling up to stand. I have a baby monitor and as soon as I hear her wake I RUN to get her. A few times I've found her just about to climb onto my nightstand. Today, I heard nothing and suddenly muffled painful screams. Flew up to find an empty bed and still muffled screaming. Then noticed her little jeans poking up - she was head down, head pinned between our bed and nightstand, face smothered into the...
I am 4 weeks pp and saw my chiro today... He's an awesome guy who specializing in treating pregnant women (was referred to by my mw). I'm having lots of pelvic trouble (feels like low back pain). I asked about working out cuz I'm dying to get into my old clothes... he said to take it easy... that when bf'ing I will have relaxin still in my system for 8-11 months. He said that if I overdo the workouts that I will damage my ligaments which will create joint 'instability'...
Well, we'll soon have a baby unfortunately maybe by induction... today started with a non-stree test which went fabulously - I was very excited. Then I waited at the hospital for the OB to do a mobile ultrasound... turns out we're low on amnio. fluid - 1/2 as much as we're meant to have. He suggested induction right away. I called my MW and she confirmed that we do want to have her soon... but agreed that I could go home and do a couple rounds of castor oil this...
I'm still here too... 7 days over... our MW said we can have HB until 43 weeks. Tomorrow we go for a non-stress test at the hospital to make sure she's well. Thinking I'll try the castor oil/verbena drink again on Wednesday - was told the trick is to take two doses, I did it wrong. I think Wednesday would be a cool birthday 07/08/09... tee hee. Not that I'm really into choosing for her... we'll be more patient if needed.
I'm still here too... 40+5... our MW's are pretty chill about it. They've said nothing about a cutoff date and we're likely going to birth at home if we can. They gave me an induction cocktail that I took on my due date (apricot juice, 2 tbspns castor oil and 5 drops of lemon verbena oil they gave me). It upset my stomache and cleared my intestines (weighed 4 lbs. less the next morning). I did have regular contractions for a couple hours but nothing of any intensity. My...
So I'm really sorta concerned... we've had a very sweet 73 year old 'grandma' nanny for the last year. She loves the heck out of our son and for that we've overlooking little annoying habits. Monday when he woke from his late afternoon nap, (she's goes home mid-nap) he told me "Nanny smacks and hit me". I was home and didn't really hear an uproar (though I work three floors down in an insulated office) so I sort of let it go. I discussed with my DH and we can hardly...
This is my favourite site - http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com - along with popularity it gives you feeback from people who actually have the name you're considering. We choose unusual names and I've found them included here more than any other site I've come across.
My first time at this BH's were fun/interesting and not painful in the least. The last two days they've been mildly painful - enough to get my attention. One was even moderately painful two days ago. Is this normal? Maybe a 2nd pg thing...? I've heard to expect afterpains with the 2nd that don't exist with the first - is this the same?