or Connect

Posts by KatieD

Just curious....I know Breastfeeding can do wacky things to your cycle. My dd is down to only 1 nursing a day now and although my periods have been irregular I have been having them for about 6 months now. Now that we are TTC I started charting again. My ovaries have been sore since cycle day 8 but it was NOTHING campared to the pain I felt yesterday afternoon on cycle day 14! It hurt so bad on my right side that I was nauseous and couldn't even sit down and I actually...
Quote: Originally Posted by Galatea I chart, but how do you know exactly when O+12 hours is? I mean, by the time I wake up and get a temp shift, 12 hours might have been long gone if I O'ed the previous morning. At the time my cycle was very predictable and I had VERY clear "O" pains that I went by. Looking back at my chart from that cycle I had ovulation pain at 7:20 pm and then I woke my dh up at 3:30 am to bd. My cycle now is all over the...
I did O+12 which actually turned out to be more like an O+8 and got my girl after 4 boys!
Can I be added? Dh and I started ttc last month but obviously it didn't work as this is day 1 of AF Sophie is 22 months and still nursing whenever she gets the chance. My cycles have been regular since I got AF back a few months ago but the last 2 months have been a little crazy. Last month was a 23 day cycle and this month was a 30 day cycle. I actually got 2 very faint positive HPTs on 12dpo but then - hpts after that so it seems like something was trying to happen...
Thanks for all the responses. I guess it's not that uncommon. I have been induced w/ pitocin before and always responded immediately. This last time though I never really had a "real" contraction if that makes any sense. They were more like a braxton hicks.I also got my info wrong when I posted before. I looked up my birth story from that birth and I went to the hospital 2cm as I had been for a few weeks and when my Dr. broke my water she could stretch me to...
With my last birth I was induced. I was started on pitocin at 8:00am and only had very small painless inconsistant contractions. They upped and upped the pitocin and nothing happened. This went on until 3:00 that afternoon. My nurse told me she had never had to put the pit up that high before. I can't remember the actual number but I do know it was in the 20's I'm thinking 28 although I have no idea what this means since I am not in the medical field. At 3:00 the doctor...
Quote: Originally Posted by littleteapot The real urge to push is undeniable, and very intense. You'll get it when you're ready. Little, gentle urges that you can kind of pop off at the peak of a contraction are not yet the big time stuff, and it won't cause your cervix to swell up. It can actually help, not only with dilation but with pain relief. Listen to your body. When I was only about 4cm I felt a touch pushy at the peak of contractions and,...
When I was pregnant last time I mentioned to my OB that I'd like to stay at home as long as I could in labor. She mentioned that I might not make it to the hospital in time(it was baby #5) and that it would probably be fine if I didn't make it I was shocked! I thought for sure she would insist that I got there "early" I ended up having some compications and had to be induced. It was anything but ideal. But I was able to have a pain medication free, pitocin induced birth...
Pink is actually "IN" right now for boys! DS(10) just told me this morning. He said all of the "cool" 6th grade boys are wearing pink. Who Knew?
What a sad story. My heart breaks for all of her children. I think she sounded like a wonderful person though. Unfortunately people die suddenly often. It's more common than you would think. My Dads wife died in October at age 50 from a Subarachnoid Hemorrhage while working. I'm asuming it happened out of nowhere but we'll probably never know since she was working alone.