or Connect

Posts by delighted.mama

Hi Mamas, I haven't been here in a while. Life's been so insanely busy in the last few months. I can definitely use some of your wisdom and help, if you are willing to share, especially if you have your own law practice or any small business you are running. Any and all advice is definitely appreciated!! Here's a quick update: I quit my part time job as a part-time attorney working for the district attorney's office after 7 years and have started my own practice....
Thank you mamas for the perspective. You are right, something has to give. Right now I have committed to teaching this semester but the summer is off limits and, if I don't have a FT job by the fall, I am going to limit it to maybe one class. Again, thanks for acting as a sounding board. Libby
Hi Mommas! As with other important decisions, I turn to you and ask for your words of wisdom. In a nutshell, I am thinking of going back FT in the legal field. It is partly because we could really use the money to get out of debt (student loans) and partly because I am at a point career-wise where I feel that I am stagnating and could do more with my skills. Here's the situation: I have been working PT for the last 6 1/2 years. That means that I have now been...
I'm feelin' your pain.......just wanted to let you know BTDT (not working FT, however, but close) and it is stressful! But, like another poster said, it is finite and your situation will change. That's what I tell myself, especially now, when things are hectic. Hang in there!
Hi. For what it is worth, I agree with the PP that you should give it a little more time than a month. That is barely enough time to adjust to a new schedule, especially when you were at home previously. On top of that, it certainly sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Give yourself some time, including the family, for a learning curve. It won't be easy during the period of adjustment, especially since your DH won't be around, but you might be surprised how...
Very well said, mama! Brought many tears to my eyes! Truly inspiration......happy birthday to you both!
Hi, just my 2 cents....I agree with the PP's that it might be rude to exclude the older sibs since, essentially, you are having a party with a lot of adults, making it basically a family/friends party. If it was a themed party, say with activities only for toddlers, then I can see limiting it to the younger child plus a family member to supervise their child. But, if you are inviting the whole family and then expect them to get a sitter, plus explain to the older child...
Hi ladies, thanks for all the wonderful and practical advice! It seems that the food budget is a big factor to consider. We've been through this before, and I created a budget for us for food. Then, we slipped back into getting a meal here and there, a latte, an iced coffee,ice cream, etc. Plus, when I am running from work to get the kids and then take them to an activity, it is just so much easier to grab something on the go. I need to start re-thinking and planning...
Please tell my I'm not the only one struggling with this age! DD, (almost 8) is very articulate and spirited. At her best, she is insightful, helpful, encouraging and very loving. At her worst, she gets very lazy (doesn't want to clearn up....like ever!), whiney and, simply mean to whoever is around her at the time. She also doesn't seem to know when to STOP talking. Instead, her m.o seems to be to keep talking and back talking until DH or I lose our tempers and...
Hi, just thought I'd see how some of you may be cutting costs in this economy. DH's hours have been cut, which in turn, relates to less pay. I have taken on a couple of extra consulting and teaching projects (thankfully) to supplement my regular part time job, but we can still feel the crunch. Right now I feel like I spend most of my time running from one job to another, without the monetary gain, just to keep us afloat. It is exhausting! Just thing morning DH and I...