or Connect

Posts by xnwife

Yes, apparently she has done that before and insurance covered both. There are currently 5 of us doing the exact same thing at my hospital midwives practice. I am curious (and a bit skeptical) to see if it will work out. Perhaps you can find a homebirth midwife that has an OB backup as that would make the process much easier and perhaps an easier "sell" to your husband and mom.  I had similar concerns about approaching my husband and parents but they were suprisingly...
Well I can't say for sure because I am still pregnant and we have yet to see how everything will work out, but from what I hear so far and based off of my interaction with them, they will cover homebirth but usually as an out of network provider and only in a PPO plan.    My homebirth midwife actually bills through a DO (doctor of osteopathy) and he is in network but I am also getting prenatal care through my hospital midwife as well who is in network. Supposedly my...
Good luck to your husband!   Here is the link to the website: http://www.valleyoakscharterschool.org/  
Oh and I have heard good things about Valley Oaks Charter school. PM if you have any questions.
I was born and raised in B-town! I highly recommend Dr. Shah. I miss him. We don't live in the area anymore (close) and our new pediatrician is great but not Dr. Shah.    
I would be prepared for a fast birth next time. My first son's labor was 4 hours start to finish (but I was induced because of medical issues) however I was having silent contractions that I wasn't aware of and was already basically in labor anyways. I thought my labor progressed fast because of the pitocin, but a L&D nurse told me that nope, it was probably just me. Sure enough she was right. My labor with my second son was 3 hours start to finish. By the time I figured...
This was one of my main reasons for choosing a homebirth because I didn't want to have to turn my birth into an emergency unless it really is one. Meaning that if I was to have the baby at home (unplanned) we would have to call in the EMTs and be transported to the hospital. They would hold us for at least 48hours, pump baby full of antibiotics, watch him closely and run all sorts of tests on him because of my history of GBS. This way, by having a planned homebirth, I...
Congrats on your pregnancy!   I am posting because I am also interested to hear the answers. I also came across this site which shows step by step how to set up an inexpensive birthpool for about $50. I am still debating whether we are even going to go this route but if we do, I am positive that I will go this plan because we can't afford to pay 200+ just for a pool.   http://www.nurturedmother.ca/waterbirth.php
So I am planning a homebirth for DS#3. Both my labors with DS1 and DS2 went very well and VERY fast (4 and 3 hours start to finish). I am wondering what I should expect for this third time. I hear that the third baby is the "wild card" and am interested to hear if this is true. Tell me about your experiences.
I will share my story:   To be perfectly honest I am pretty cautious regarding this issue and have no problems with the IV and antibiotics. In fact, I quite love the IV and the boost of energy that the extra fluids gave me. However, I have a history of precipitous labors and I have never had a full dose of antibiotics for either one of my labors. Because of this, after I had DS2 the hospital did in fact test him for sepsis even though my labor was very quick and the...