or Connect

Posts by lemurmommies

I am like Megin. I haven't been around much, but all of this is just getting out of hand on MDC.   Would creating a FB group (that members need to ask to join) be too far out of the forum realm? It wouldn't attract new people like this forum does, though. 
  It's generally pretty good! We have a three-bedroom townhouse, and though we pay "market rent" on it, it is much cheaper than quite a few two bedroom apartments we looked at in the area. We have some neighbours that I am a little less than fond of, but that would be true anywhere we lived, I suppose!   Wow, great stuff! E had a bit of a traumatizing experience with swimming lessons last summer, so we're taking a break this summer and are just going to swim for fun....
Survived the heat with no AC! This evening temps are down in the 60s. Hooray for Canadian summer! :)   We got a municipal pool pass for the family, so will be going to leisure swim several times a week. Our municipality also has several free outdoor splash parks, so I imagine that we'll be talking advantage of those as well. We have a zoo membership and a museum membership, so I imagine we'll be going to each of those at least once a month. We're headed to PA/DC in...
Awww wehrli, he is so cute!   How are any/all of you doing in the heat? It was over 100°F here yesterday (around 42°C), and we don't have A/C. Whew. I am very very pleased that it's closer to 30°C here today! We're buying a pool pass for the municipal pools tomorrow, so that'll help us beat the heat some I am sure. Other than that, if them temps keep up we just might have to hang at the mall more this summer. 
I hope everyone has a good meet-up! We'll be in DC August 3-7, so too early to see you guys. 
I just happened to see that we were talking nightweaning, so I wanted to pop on with our experience too. We used formula (after an unsuccessful attempt at BFAR), but co-slept and E ate around the clock. There were times, in the 9-11 month stretch, that he was eating every 45 minutes.   We tried to nightwean at 16 months. It was a TOTAL failure. We tried to go from midnight to 5 am with no milk, and E stayed up for those 5 hours. Seriously. Not all-out crying, but...
Seraf, my son slept like crap for a looooooong time. He only started sleeping though the night some of the time when he turned 3, and pretty much every night when he turned 4. So you can understand my worry!
I hope everyone's having a good Monday. For the first time in... I don't even know how long, it's sunny and warm here. Yay!   Oh, I understand that it's certainly not DS's decision as to whether we have another child. In fact, I am sure that he would like being a big brother. It's more about whether *I* am resilient enough to survive the upheaval and deal with all the changes involved. When DS was still in the "baby" stage, another seemed like no big deal and an easy fit...
megincl and AmandaHope, you give me hope! At this point, if we do have a second child, our closest age gap possible would be 5.5 years. (We were going to try this June, but then I got in to school for September.) It's a far far cry from the 2.5 years we would have had if Noelle had not been stillborn, and a much different family picture than we originally had for ourselves. Ru and I struggle a lot with whether we should have another at this point. As you stated, Megin, I...
Oh goodness. How did I manage to miss 5 pages of queer chattiness! Bad me, bad me!    This have been really busy here. Ru changed jobs, E's first year of kindergarten is coming to a close, and we're gearing up for soccer season, weddings, and summer vacation. Oh, and I am going back to school full time in September. Dear heavens.   I caught up, and just have to say with have some awesomely cute babies and kids on this thread. Love it!    I couldn't not quote this. OMG,...