or Connect

Posts by Owachi

My ds is 3. In mid December he was jumping on bubble wrap and fell and hurt his foot and couldn't walk. We saw an orthopedic surgeon that day (because of prior appt for something else). He put him in a walking boot and took x-rays and said to come back in 2 weeks. We did and they took more x-rays. He saw a little buckle (not sure if it was fracture or calcification).....we weaned him off the boot, an hour later he hurt it again and wore boot for 3 more weeks. Dr said...
The repeating words over and over sounds like maybe a symptom of Tourette's? Just a thought........and even if he passed his other evaluations, if you think something is wrong, keep pushing. Mommy's know best and have mothers intuition. Good luck.
I would definitely check it out and have him evaluated......although it could be a hearing issue.....the biggest red flag to me is the not responding to his name. That was the big red flag with my ds who was very loving, made eye contact, knew all his letters and could count at age 2.......but there was a few things that I knew was a little different. He will spin in a circle and yell "I crawl on my knees" with a weird voice and he will say funny things too sometimes. ...
My 3 yr old son has asthma. He coughs but doesn't wheeze very often. He can go weeks or even months without needing a treatment of Xopenex. But last month he needed an oral steroid which helped a ton. He was fine for two weeks but the last three days he's needed 3 Xopenex treatments per day, but today was only one. Those with experience, does he need to be on Pulmicort daily? It's twice a day everyday, so I don't see how it would be any easier than giving the Xopenex...
I'm sorry they don't allow you to homebirth twins. But if they went to all that trouble to make a law, it's only to protect you and your babies. Things can go wrong so fast with a twin delivery. After 16 hours of labor I had to have an emergency C-section and was put right to sleep. If I had chosen to have a home delivery and something would have happened to the babies I would have felt so guilty. Plus they were both in the NICU for a week even though they were 5 and...
Thanks for everyones responses. I just ordered a book about potty training too. Now my issue is how to get him to the potty....the little potty chairs are too small for my son, he is scared of the big one. He is too short to stand with the big potty (and not coordinated enough to stand on a step stool and go, plus I don't think he would). I looked into the urinals for kids but a review said it is too small for a child who is 40 inches tall. And thanks sbgrace...
I'm so sorry. I have a friend who has two daughters with leukodystrophy. One is 10 and the other 7. They are both immobile. They are like babies but the older one can communicate with her eyes and smiling. The younger one tries to communicate with her eyes but isn't consitent. They are constantly in and out of the hospital and they need a nurse to come and help daily. It is a very sad disease. The girls sleep in hospital beds and their mom sleeps on the floor in...
I would definitely talk to Early Intervention. Almost everything you listed sounds like my ds or other kids in his class. My son is on the lower end of the autism spectrum......his main red flag was not responding to his name. My son is cuddly and has always been. Another boy in his class never liked to be cuddled and hated to be touched since he was a baby (but now at age 3 he loves hugs and cuddling). The earlier you get help, the better. And please...
My sister was told 1-5 chance with her first, and 1 in 9 with her second. Both kids were healthy and fine. Needless to say, I didn't have those tests done when I was pregnant. It put her through a lot of unneeded worry and stress.
My ds is 3 1/2 and is on the Autism spectrum. He is very high functioning, social, cuddly, knows his letters and numbers. Many people wouldn't even know he was autistic if they saw him for a short time. His main issues are some sensory issues and behind in motor skills. He goes to a special needs preschool and his teacher said if we wanted to try potty training we could just put him in underwear and after he wets himself a few times he might realize when he is going...