or Connect

Posts by Owachi

I would just take her to urgent care or the ER if you don't have a dr that can do it. The urine strips are to find out if they have keytones.....which she could be diabetic without having keytones when you test. The excessive drinking and peeing is what my niece had, they took her in to see if she had a UTI and her blood sugar was 600. Don't worry about the finger prick.....I've tested both my kids when they were having huge melt downs just to make sure and they didn't...
Thanks for the responses....I didn't want to seem like I was overreacting by pulling her out on the 2nd day. I did email the teacher and she said that she tried 3 times to ask if dd wanted a hug or to sit on her lap or to play. She said my dd refused and buried her face in the ground, so she let her have her own space because it seemed like she got more upset when she spoke to her. It is possible she did in the first 10 minutes when I was talking to another mom. If I...
My dd went for her 2nd day of preschool today. She had a blast the first day, barely said goodbye to me and ran to play. Today she went in and was sad and sat down on the floor. I talked to another mom and before I was about to leave I peeked in about 10 minutes later. She was still sitting on the floor all by herself pouting. A teaching assistant came over and asked if she wanted to play. She said no and the teacher went to play with other kids. She lay down on the...
I use half a capful of Miralax a day. for my 3 yr old...she is only 24 pounds.
My ds had something like that last year and it was a herpetic virus. I know it sounds scary but it is not herpes the STD......it is a virus with fever and cold sores.....once you get this you get prone to cold sores in the future. Went away after about a week.
We have a bean tote. I know he already has a rice table but we have a long thin tote that we can slide under the bed and you can get a thirty pound bag of beans at Walmart for $12. Buy some shovels and things to pour and its a lot of fun......and its much easier to clean up than the rice.
My ds was given foot braces to wear, called Sure Step orthodics. It helped him walk better, but also made his ankles weak. We just stopped wearing them after 2 yrs, with advice from an orthopedic surgeron.
That's awesome..........its so funny how much more excited we get when our SN does something that other kids have been doing for so long. Two weeks ago was the first time my 3 yr old ds jumped off a step and landed with both feet. It was a tiny step but he hadn't jumped before and now he is jumping off the couch and other things I don't want him jumping off of. It just makes me smile.
I'm sorry, not really sure what to say. I'm sure it is extra hard on you because she is adopted and causing problems and your other children weren't adopted. I'm sure that is a strain just itself. I'd suggest taking her to a child psychologist....even if they can't stop her behavior right away they can at least document things so if she makes claims of abuse in the future, the therapist could back your family up. Or maybe start trying to videotape an...
I just saw a show on Mystery Diagnosis the other night which kind of sounds like yours........kid only pooped once a week and then when they turned 3 maybe, didn't go for a month and got pretty sick.....it's wasn't until they went to the ER and did MRI? or X-ray and could see and it was a problem with the colon and muscles didn't develop so the child couldn't push it out on it's own. The kid had a few surgeries to fix it........there was a name for the disease, I don't...