or Connect

Posts by Owachi

First of all, would you rather have your ds the way he is now than not at all? If it is something genetic that you pass down, it's not your fault.....that is just the way it is. I would much rather have an autistic son with asthma than not have him at all. Secondly, you said that you love him very much. You also said that you think you caused his CP.........just think of all the time you spent feeling guilty and sad about it. Now, if you found out 20 years down the...
First of all I think the anxiety is normal for lots of kids. My ds is the same way. He is 3 now and no longer afraid of the dr, luckily. The speech eval they came to our home and mainly observed.....maybe she would adjust after a little while......and the hearing test my ds sat on my lap in a booth.....they would play a tone and if he looked elmo would light up in the room....it worked out great.....he wouldn't let them put head phones on him but they said it was fine,...
I haven't heard about them but I would love to have them and give them to people...hopefully it would make them feel so bad that they would stop judging people with all disorders.
My ds has asthma and autism and did very well with both of his surgeries, hernia and tubes in ears, much better than we thought. My 4 yr old niece has diabetes and she just had tubes put in and she did fine....had early morning surgery so the fasting was only at night and her levels stayed fine. Just don't let them drink too much water at first because they may vomit.....mine did on 2nd surgery after chugging......but they let you stay until you feel comfortable going...
I'm sorry I can't offer any help. Maybe get a minivan and put the two little ones in back so when DSS gets in he just goes to the middle seats and not near the little ones. I'm not sure if this would work for your DSS, my DS is only 3, but recently he has had some behavior issues and his therapists made what is called a social story which include all of the things that might upset him. It's a little story with some pictures and some writing. They keep it attached to a...
I need some advice.....A year and a half ago my son's PT, who he sees maybe once a year if even that, (we went through the school district for Early Intervention) recommended we get my ds foot braces because he walked on the inside of his feet. She said it was hypotonia only in the feet and told me what to have his ped. write on the prescription. He got Sure Steps which only go up to the ankle. It did improve his walk, I was just afraid it would make is ankles too weak...
I'm not trying to discourage teaching signs but I taught my daughter "more" and "please" when she was little and once she started talking she used the signs instead of saying the words more and please for about 4 months after talking. My ds's speech therapist says that for some kids it does delay talking, but others are still fine with it.
I wasn't sure where to post this, under toddler, allergies, or special needs. My 3 yr old ds was diagnosed with possible asthma (can't say for sure until he is older and can blow into the tube). Anyways, his only symptom is that he coughs........most of the time allergy induced and I usually know what is causing it. He has only wheezed a few times when he had bronchiolitis. But he does occasionally start coughing when running around (usually when wrestling with daddy,...
I don't know what to tell you. Do his arms swell up at all? I watched Mystery Diagnosis last night and they had a boy who was allergic to the sun and he would just cry and scream after being in the sun for about 20 mins. and they didn't know what was wrong with him. It took them 6 yrs to get him diagnosed. Does it happen if he gets hot and sweaty inside too?
My ds is 3 and is on the autism spectrum. Very mild autism with some sensory issues. He has been going to a Toddler Autism school class twice a week for over a year. He has 3 other girls in his class. A few weeks ago they had a boy join, and he only came once. My ds was fine. Today they had another boy join, with very mild autism but severe behavior issues. He pushes, throws things, and yells. My ds was terrified of him. He would scream and cry whenever the boy...