or Connect

Posts by Owachi

We go to the zoo, the Children's museums......playdates with other kids. But he also has a twin sis and likes to do whatever she does. He is 3.....he loves books, playdough.....Thomas the train table (lots of autistic kids love Thomas), painting, dollhouse............I find that if I keep a certain activity put away for a week or two and then bring it out again, it keeps their attention much longer if I have things I need to do.....Puzzles are good too. I'm consider...
My son is 3. His allergies are always worse in the summer. We just doubled his dosage of zyrtec. His eczema is starting to come back and he's starting to get a bad cough again, which we don't know if it is allergies or maybe asthma. We have used a warm mist humidifier in the summer but it warms the room up too much for summer, plus the heating element would get tons of lime buildup on it. Please let me know if you have any recommendations for one. I'm looking...
My cousin did the blank staring and it turned out she had diabetes. I don't know if it was a type of seizure cause by her blood sugar or what. Good luck.
Your ds sounds a lot like mine. My ds just turned 3 and now is barely on the spectrum if at all now. He does have some sensory issues also and is delayed on fine motor still. I haven't started trying yet with my ds. He used to sit on the potty every night while I was potty training his twin sis. Now she uses the big potty but he doesn't care to try. A few tips I used for my dd...........don't ask him if he wants to sit on the potty.......tell him it's time to...
I would keep him in the crib as long as possible. My ds just turned 3.....we tried moving him to a toddler bed a few months ago.......didn't work out....he was up all night, would bang his head on the walls if we closed his door, and he wouldn't even fall asleep with me sitting by his bed.....he refused to stay in. He is still in his padded, safe, crib......he is very tall in it and he could easily climb or fall out if he tried but he hasn't done that yet. I'm going to...
Hi, everyone. I'm new to this thread. I really want to be pregnant again and want another baby and it seems like things keep pushing it back. I have almost 3 yr old b/g twins. We are going on trip to Alaska in July and I wanted to wait until after the trip since I was so sick with the last pregnancy. Now we've decided to move summer of 2010 and so we can't be expecting in the middle of summer so we have to wait even longer. I don't want to be due in Aug because the...
Landon and Alexis are my little ones........the names go well together but I wanted them to have different initials.
I don't think my ds has sensory processing disorder but he has some sensory issues....he is turning 3 soon and the books on the disorder don't say very much about toddler years. Anyone read any good books for infant/toddler years?
I mix my son's with pudding or if I'm afraid he won't eat it all with OJ....OJ is very strong so I only need a little of it to add the medicine to so it's only a few sips...........but we've tried everything, even holding him down and squirting it in he can manage to spit some up...............a trick that worked for a while when he was younger was to have the syringe ready and give your child a couple bites of yougurt or something they like, after one or two bites when...
I would recommend allergy medicine or zyrtec (not sure if it has corn in it or not).....we gave it to my son and it was cleared up within a day....we did allergy testing and never did find out what was causing it but the medicine worked right away...finally able to get rid of all the creams and steroids.....although we still use baby aveeno everyday...