or Connect

Posts by Owachi

Thanks....I'll check it out
My ds was given some singulair to try for his constant cough.....its a little chewable tablet to give once a day........I read online that last year it was recalled or warned about depressive behavior and suicidal thoughts. My Dr. has said it is a very gentle medicine and kids handle it great......but now I'm nervous after what I read.......obviously a 2 yr old couldn't kill himself but I don't want his mood to change.........anyone use the medicine with their toddler?
My dd who is almost 3, potty trained herself completely in one day.......she was fine for 2 weeks and she has recently been having accidents all the time and just says wet underwear........it doesn't seem like she can't make it in time, but like she doesn't care........what should I do? Just let her be for a while or start sticking her on the potty every 15 minutes.....I didn't even have to do that the first time, she always told me when she had to go................its...
I have twins that are almost 3. We like our pediatrician, he is very nice and I like the other dr's in his office if he isn't there. The problem is I don't trust him 100%. When my ds was younger I took him in to get his ears checked and they said he was fine. 5 days later we went back and both ears were infected, he had a lung and sinus infection. The dr we saw that time said that he guessed the other dr didn't clear out the wax enough and that it was infected then...
My dd potty trained herself last week in just one day. She will be 3 in a few months but is still very small.........whenever she pees her urine stream goes straight out. We have to sit her all the way on the back of the seat, which causes problems when she is pooping, and sometimes it still gets on the floor. We have put the boys guards up but still goes over it half the time.....I've tried leaning her forward which helps but if she sits down herself even though she...
I moved our almost 3 yr old twins to big kid beds the other day.......DD took to it great, ds keeps running out.......I don't want to lay down until they fall asleep and start bad habits, they went down great in their cribs...........The problem is ds is delayed and doesn't understand that if he stays in bed he gets a sticker or something. And we can't just close the door to keep him in because he will bang his head on the wall until we come in. Should we do the super...
We moved our twins into big kid beds a few days ago because dd had potty trained and kept getting up at night to go. Ds has ASD, although now we don't think he does.........he has a slight speech delay, some sensory issues, and doesn't understand as much as his dd. They will be 3 in April........Well, ds hasn't adjusted to the bed well....he went to bed great the 1st night but then woke up and kept screaming and running out......if we closed the door so he couldn't get...
We got a Leag Frog DVD for Christmas I think it's called Leap Frog Letter Factory.......it focuses on letters and their sounds. My twins love it......they will be 3 in April.........they also have a Leap Frog word one for when they graduate the letter one..........my niece's teacher recommended it and said that they have had kids that have learned to read just from watching the videos.
I have read a few books and read the signs or when a toddler is ready....I also took the online quiz which said she was ready....but the only signs she has shown is that she understands simple commands and will sit on the chair. My daughter will be 3 in April. She is very tiny for her age at only 23 pounds. She goes potty before every bath and she told me this morning she wanted to go....but I think it is because she wanted a sticker for her chart, not because she knew...
My 2 1/2 yr old has hives all over......we are trying to figure out why. We took him to the dr and he said it was probably the antibiotic he was on (omnicef)........he had been on it 8 days and 3 times in last 4 months with no problem. If that was the case wouldn't he have had a reaction sooner? We have him 3 breathing treatments with Xeponex......he has had that in the past.....would that cause it 12 hrs later. I took a bath with a special milk soap. He climbed...