or Connect

Posts by Owachi

Zyrtec was our miracle cure....a lot of eczema is caused by allergies so i don't know why dr's send us to dermatologists instead of allergists.....we tried elidel....expensive and didn't work.....we tried a few others and I took my son to the allergist on my own.....he had a few allergies but nothing he was exposed to at our house....he recommended trying zyrtec or claritin which is over the counter........it took one night of zyrtec and his horrible eczema was...
Ok, my twins are a little over 2 1/2 years old.....after X-mas we are staying home all week and I'm to going try and start potty training.....my dd goes about once a day in the potty, usually before bath.......ds has only gone once (he has special needs and I don't expect him to be potty trained anytime soon). I want to know something good for me to read......I read online about potty training in just 3 days......anyone know about that? I'm not for sure but it sort of...
My son is 2 1/2 and a little speech delayed, possibly on the autism spectrum but they still aren't sure. He gets one hr of speech therapy a week through EI. It is free and they come to my home. He got a new speech therapist about 6 months ago after his old one moved. We loved his old one. We like the new one.....she is a very nice lady but she constantly talks about herself and her family (kids are grown).....she spends at least half the sessions talking about when...
My son is on Zyrtec too. We mix it in chocolate or vanilla pudding every night.......we give him the snack packs that have good calcium content. We wouldn't be able to get him to take it any other way......holding him down and squirting in the back of his throat like the dr says doesn't work.....he can still spit it out. Good luck.
Ok, if anyone know anything about this please let me know....I can't find anything on the internet.......I have never had any feelings in my nipples. I don't have big breasts and I've never had implants or any surgeries. My husband can push on them and I don't feel a thing.......it was great when it came to breastfeeding because I didn't have pain like most people. I was just wondering if it could be a sign of something serious. Thanks for any input.
Thanks for your responses......I'll let her know about the IgG test....she had the prick test done but I'm not sure what type it was for. Her dd's stools are normal, goes twice a day normal constistancy but her ped still thinks she is constipated...........She's had enough of her ped.'s guesses at what's wrong.......she has been taking a digestive enzyme which doesn't help either. She was compacted and they completely flushed out her system but she didn't get any...
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what to write. Did they ever say what was wrong with him at 13 months? Was it just croup? I wasn't aware that croup could cause a seizure or trouble breathing. I'm sorry, I know waiting to find out is hard. And in terms of dd being ahead, girls are usually more far ahead than boys anyways. I know its hard on you if he's different because you don't want him to hurt or other kids to make fun of him, but things will get better. And a year behind...
A friend of mine has a 2 yr old autistic child who it in the same special needs class as my son. She has had digestive problems since she was born but its getting worse. She always has a hard stomach and a belly ache, and its been getting worse.....she is mainly still liquid diet, and baby food. She doesn't eat solids yet due to texture issues and other things....they have tried gluten free diet and that doesn't work and she tested negative for Celiacs and food...
Try not to worry.....my sister's came back positive for both kids and both were fine. My sister did the quad screen and with her first pregnancy the results were 1 in 10 for having a child with DS, and she did the amnio......everything was fine and she stressed for nothing. With her second she did the quad screen again (I don't know why after one false positive already) and it came back 1 in 25.....she didn't do the amnio that time. But both kids were fine.....I chose...
I have worried about the same thing and decided not to put my dd in an integrated room....but her class would have been 2 typical peers and 14 SN kids.......I was going to put her and her SN twin brother together......mainly because I don't know how I'm going to have her in a regular preschool and pick her brother at the same time (and no I'm am not ready for him to ride the bus)...If it were 1/2 and 1/2 I might reconsider, and it would be nice because its free. I...