or Connect

Posts by Owachi

I am potty training my 2 1/2 yr old twins. My dd loves to carry the potty out of the bathroom and likes to sit on it in the living room and read books and watch tv while she is on it........she has been going and I've been letting her use it where she wants to............is this a bad habit to start? Should I make her keep it in the bathroom or let her have it where she wants it (we are just starting out)?
Not yet, but I don't recommend the Elmo Potty Book.....we bought it, it makes sounds and everything but its in plastic but you can't see what's it in........we got home and opened it and nowhere in the book does it show anyone sitting on the potty, even Elmo's doll which is the one that is supposed to be using the potty.....waste of $10........
I started a website with a few links and family safety issues.....There will be new issues posted each day and links to health/safety.....along with recalls....it also will list some hidden dangers that families have come across.....for example, when recalls are issued......several hundres children are injured and it may take a fatality to actually recall the product....my page is a place for people to post things that there child has been hurt on.....for example....my...
My son is 2 1/2....he is a little bit developmental delayed and has a few sensory issues.......he hates having his penis washed, or touched. He won't even touch it himself......it didn't help that he had hernia surgery a month ago. Anyways, I am going to start potty training in a few months and am clueless on how to keep the pee in the potty without touching him. I bought 3 different potty chairs (even the Baby Bjorn which is supposed to be higher) but none of them keep...
Congrats.....my ds sounds a lot like yours....we are having the reassessment done soon and don't think ours will be on the spectrum anymore either.....its hard to be in classes with other parents when their kids are more severly autistic and mine is barely on the spectrum......Good luck
Before you give ideas on foods to try.......she doesn't chew her food, only sucks on it and swallows.....she's been in OT for a while but not helping much. She likes: Cheez Its, pasta, Pizza, teddy grahams, Muffins, pudding, mashed potatoes, Animal Crackers, cheetos, ice cream. She still eats baby food and we mix vitamins, milk, and pediasure with that so she gets enough healthy stuff......she only drinks water She was born at 36 weeks at 4lb 13 oz....she always...
We have Xeponex.....my 2 yr son had trouble breathing after a long cough last winter........we borrow a nebulizer and keep it on hand just in case......if I think he might be breathing funny I give him a treatment and use it when he gets sick sometimes. After the first time he needed it I keep thinking he is pulling (stomach) but I can't tell for sure, probably not I'm just paranoid. But I spoke to his pediatrician who said there are no negative effects from using it and...
And thanks for the websites.....they are really helpful.
Thanks everyone.....it was a ped. optamologist that we saw. He couldn't find anything. My SIL works at his office and he told her to just keep having checkups every 6 months. And we noticed yesterday that he also has it pointing inward and upwards. And when it does it it goes all the way to the outside or inside. It's not just a little rotation. It only does it when he is swinging or spinning around or tilting his head. Is it common to have it point inward and...
Sorry don't have any advice. My nephew has the same thing but the dr said it was supposed to go away usually by age 1. How old is your son? How long is it supposed to last?