or Connect

Posts by Mrs.Floyd

I'm right there with you LOL I'm now 37 weeks and up 54 lbs.  54!  I gained 37 with each of the first 2 so this is some new territory for me LOL.  The funny thing is, since I spent a lot of time eating healthier and exercising to lose weight before getting pregnant with this baby, even though I've gained significantly more weight, today I weigh exactly what I weighed when I gave birth to my first baby that I only gained 37 lbs with.  LOL  I'm also 20 lbs lighter than I...
I'm in the middle-ground.  I looked up the specific 'requirements' for my state for public schools (I put 'requirements' in quotes since we do have the option of religious exemption in my state, so technically they are not actually 'required' if you hand in the exemption statement, however I'm not feeling comfortable going that route).  I do only the vaccinations 'required' for school in my state, I do not start until 6 months, and I do only 1 or 2 at a time depending on...
It's been awhile since I checked in, I figured this would be a good place to start.  :-)   Add me to the club that started this pregnancy smaller than in previous ones and have gained a lot faster.  With my first pregnancy I started at 137 (I'm about 5'4") and gained a total of 37, ending at 174.  With my second I started at 157 (I had lost all of the weight from the first baby but then gained 20 lbs back), anyway I gained 37 again and ended at 194.  Lost all the baby...
dayiscoming2006 - Yay I'm glad you like it!  Beware though, if you get into the forum area it gets crazy in there.  LOL!  There are a couple of pregnancy groups though and you might enjoy those discussion areas as well.   kitteh - girl I changed my food diary settings and just took the sugar tracking off completely.  LOL!  I figure it's already included in the carbs (which I do still track) and I just decided to not stress over it personally. 
Yes I'm sure running makes a HUGE difference you burn a good amount of calories running plus being active keeps your muscle mass up which keeps your metabolism going. I have been super lazy LOL so I'm al almost 20 weeks and up a good 17 lbs. but yeah. I realize it's due to laziness and cravings and I already have in my head meal plans for after the baby is born. LOL. Some days I do really well but some days I just totally blow it out of the water.
Yes I think they do have a smartphone ap, I believe you can even scan barcodes of food and beverage items and if it's programmed in their database the entry is supposed to come right up for you. :-) it does take some tinkering if you want to do this your own way but it can be done. You can also take info from more specialized calculators like the freedieting site and manually enter your own calorie goal. Or I got a BodyMedia armband and it automatically syncs to MFP...
Yes they said it would be a 2-session thing with numbing one half of the mouth each time, she gave me a ballpark figure of the cost but then she also said that if I had it done I would then be considered a periodontal patient and they'd want me to come every 3 months instead of the standard 6 months. I do feel that it is possible it could be something I might benefit from, I don't bleed when I floss or have any pain but I can tell where the points between my teeth do not...
Kitteh - MFP has a profile setting where you can set it for weight gain instead of loss and it also automatically tracks protein, carbs, and fat and you can set it to track additional nutrients like sugar, calcium, etc. Alternatively if you just set it to maintenance, you can then go into the food diary and search 'pregnancy' and there are options that add around 300 calories per day on top of your pre-programmed calorie amount, I believe one of the setting salsa bumps up...
I usually eat a solid 100g of protein per day even when not pregnant, and my diet not perfect by any means LOL. I got used to packing in the protein while trying to lose weight (did 45lbs in exactly 1 year) - I eat a lot of eggs, cheese, chicken, salmon, and I like Morningstar products. Plus there's protein in yogurt and other dairy products and in various places in smaller amounts that you might not expect but it all adds up. I used to log everything on...
Thanks ladies like I said I'm skeptical already. I was recommended the practice by a good friend who really likes it there but she was immediately recommended for a deep cleaning when she started there I think last year as well. Idk it just seems so coincidental. It's not been more than a year since my last appointment and there was no mention at my old practice of needing anything extensive or being in danger of it getting that bad. I know my routine is not usually as...