or Connect

Posts by HeatherB

Nope, agile, this gender-unknown baby is also nameless. I have some ideas but nothing firmly set, and that is likely going to be the case until sometime after the birth!
How awful. I'm so sorry. Given your previous experience, I'd suggest researching ultrasound assessment of IUGR and what it actually takes to make those assessments. For instance, you only mention one u/s with your DD, but I suspect it would take a series of u/s showing little or no growth to actually be significant. And since they were quite off for her, it could also be that you simply grow babies in a way that makes them feel smaller than they are. Or maybe the ARE...
Agile, are you a healthy weight to begin with? Not gaining is not in and of itself a problem, and not uncommon at all for those who start out heavier. My MW encourages LOTS of water to keep any ketones flushed out but otherwise, eating well and staying active are the things to do. If you're getting plenty of protein and good nutrients, it may not be an issue at all! Hugs!
My feet decided to swell up a ton today, for the first time. I was out all day but drinking water continuously so it surprised me. I went by my mom's, where I typically use her scale, and was shocked by a reported gain of about 7lbs over a week ago. I'm figuring that's basically fluid, but my MW is encouraging even more stringent diet. Sigh. Thankfully, I was already planning to do things like start ordering produce shares again, so we will be well stocked on organic...
I thought I just had one thing but keep thinking of more. Waking up to go to the bathroom and not being able to fall asleep again because my mind starts whirring. Inability to move without grimacing over my SI joint (the side that's usually fine!), even in public. The feeling that I might die of skin-crawling when my 2yo decides to twiddle or nurse more than a moment. Recurring sinus troubles that make sleep even harder.
I usually end up checking in the bath because there's less risk of infection there. Last pregnancy, I was thrilled to find the cervical os a good 3-4cm before labor began. Figured things would go fast, since I had gone from 6-baby in 17 minutes the last time. Then labor started, stalled, and I finally let my MW check what was going on because I couldn't really reach the os anymore. I was only 3, after all that work, because what I had been feeling was the *external* os...
Well, a couple of things to check off! And more stuff to add... Much longer list on my phone.
I vote for better out! Not crying too much here, though there are some things that make me tear up instantly. But I can't tell if it's situational or hormonal. Or both.
LOL, Crafty. I just figure I'd rather know what's going on without someone having to tell me. And I'd gotten familiar with the basic geography when using menstrual cups, so it's not THAT weird. Amazingly, a baby head is pretty easy to spot. Bums are big but just not as firm (though I'm not sure I've ever felt a breech baby; this time, one day I checked and went, "Wow! That's a head!"). I try not to mess with the cervix because I don't need it irritated and causing...
I can't believe another week has gone by!! I'll be 34 weeks on Monday. Saw my MW on Friday. Only measuring 35 this time (had been 4-ish ahead). She says baby feels good. I need to focus on positioning more as baby was tending toward ROA. She's recommending an u/s in a week or two, I think in part because I haven't had one except at 14w to confirm singleton. I've wanted to do one, anyway, but have put it off due to finances. Am I the only one who occasionally does her own...