or Connect

Posts by Shannie77

My husband thought he invented "Everly" as it turns out it is an old english boys name.  We had that name picked out 2 years before Everly was born.   We wanted our children to have unique names but also names that were easy to pronounce, read etc.   For my second daughter we just went through the baby book until we found a name we liked.  I had taught a Maisie in the past and when that one came up we were done looking.    We also liked how Everly and Maisie...
My 2 daughters are 3 years 3 weeks apart and it has worked out well.  They are 4 and 1 now and play together nicely.  It was hard at first because DD1 who is very intense had daily meltdowns.  It was a hard adjustment for her, and I often felt like i was ignoring the baby.  I would throw her in the carrier and just leave her there for most of the day when she was tiny so I could focus on DD1.     I would say go for it.   If anything I wish they were closer in age,...
I was totally anti-time out, rewards and even praise.  I loved Alfie Kohn.  I applied all the gentlest GD techniques and they just have not worked for my daughter.  We have had so many melt downs and issues with her just not doing what we ask that we actually have been to a child psychologist to get some help.   Since seeing the psychologist 2 weeks ago things have already begun improving. She recommended a book called "The Incredible Years" - it might not be the...
*I didn't think this would be so long... but I suppose after a year of dealing with it I needed to let it all out*   My DD1 is 4.  She is an energetic, feisty, sweet kid.  Our neighbour ) has a 3 year old, "NG" (neighbour girl.  Also very energetic but also aggressive.  Every night after dinner everyone with kids goes out and plays on our neighbour's front lawn.  It is great all the kids play together and the parents chat.   Here is a bit of background on the...
We don't wear shoes in the house at all.  As for going outside, my 4 year old DD is mostly barefoot when she is playing on our street.  I don't have a problem with it and she is most comfortable that way.  What does bother me is the mothers of the other kids she plays with telling my DD to put her shoes on.  I have found myself trying to get DD to wear shoes because of that... but actually after reading this thread I feel more confident with our choice. ;)
My DD is going to a montessori preschool Mon-Fri in the mornings.  She does not particularly like it but I need her to go so I can work (from home).  At this point we just have a few weeks left and she will not be going back next year.  She just turned 4.  She is very strong willed and persistent!   I am certain most of our problems with getting dressed come from her not wanting to go to school... which I can't change right now.  What I would really love some advice...
Right now a couple kids from my daughters class have the chickenpox... as well our neighbour who we see daily is just getting over a stomach flu.   Yesterday my daughter looked really really pale... but was acting fine.  I actually looked at her face to see if she had put powder on it.  Then last night she woke up and had, had a diarrhea accident in our bed. :(  This morning she is really pathetic... fever of 101.5, no more diarrhea so far, she says her head hurts...
Dd will be 4 a few weeks: Ballet (sept-may) free as she dances in my class Gymnastics (sept-June) 450 for the year Swim ( I regular session, 2 private 400 total
I would also go with the Maclaren. They are so well made and great to push
This is what we have done too.