or Connect

Posts by Shannie77

8 months. I just give her bits of what we are having. One night we had salmon and I figured it was fine. She grabbed a big piece of steak of my husbands plate a few weeks ago. She has no teeth but loves gumming it.
Dh and I both have blue. Both our girls went from dark blue to a lighter blue by about 3 months. My niece had blue for a couple years but they have gradually changed to a green/ hazel colour. She is 6 now.
I am tandem nursing my almost 4 and almost 10 month old.  My midwife was totally fine with it... however one of my midwives gave me some advice about letting baby go first, or designating one breast for each child.  For the first two days I did try to let DD2 nurse on both sides first, but I didn't worry if that didn't happen.  After that I just let them nurse however it happened. DD2 has gained exactly like DD1.  Sometimes I do find it overwhelming having the two of...
I couldn't not respond... I hate when I post and no one replies. :P  I seem to remember DD1 going through a biting/ hitting phase around that age.  The only thing I did was to be on guard all the time and not allow her to do it.  I would physically stop her.  I also tried not to say anything when I was stopping her - I guess my theory was I was trying to not put any emphasis on the behaviour.  Now if she DID bite me or hit me I would say ouch and put her down, or turn...
My DD is also not aggressive... but with our neighbour she can be.  Granted neighbour girl will bite and scratch my DD basically every time they play.  The only success I have had is to watch them very carefully and when I sense an escalation I step in and help them work it out.  It sounds like Big A just rubs your LO the wrong way. :P  Another thought... with DD1 sometimes she will get really frustrated with DD2 and try to move her etc.  I finally just said "DD1 if DD2...
Another dance teacher here.  We actually have rules in our studio where parents can watch the first class of the month and the rest of the time the door is closed.  I taught one class for a friend and she didn't enforce this rule... It was HORRIBLE.  All the parents came in and the class was crazy with kids running back and forth to their mom's.  Half way through I kicked the parents out and the kids (3-4) were much better.   When I watch DD do any other activities I...
I strive to make DDs life as stress-free as possible, or at least counter any stressful time with lots of free non-stress play etc.  I don't think you can totally avoid stress but I do think you can aim to a find a balance.  That said some kids really do seem wired to feel stress more strongly.   I was very stressed out as a child.  I was a real worrier and I was very anxious about growing up.  I always had the feeling it wasn't something my mom wanted me to do for a...
My DD HATED the car until she was about 18-24 months.  It was so horrible.  I would be so anxious when we had to go anywhere. Then at 2 years she didn't mind at all because she would just talk to me non-stop every where we went. :P     DD2 is totally fine in the car.  At most she cries when I put her in the car seat and then quickly passes out. :)
Dd2 is almost 10 months and still no teeth. Her sister was 9 months when she got her first. I think she will get them before she turns 11 months.... I think I can see the teeth under her gums now.
I did swim lessons with DD1, but after that we decided to just take the kids swimming until they were ready for a more formal class.  If you are trying to save money I would just take your LO swimming at the local pool.  Basically all our class involved was encouraging them to "swim" towards a toy, float on their backs, blow bubbles, and then we would dunk them.  With DD2 I just dunked her in the bathtub the first few times and now when I take her to the pool I try to...