or Connect

Posts by Shannie77

My DD1 who is almost 4 has been a terrible sleeper from the beginning.  She would wake up for hours in the middle of the night, wake up so early for weeks on end, take forever to fall asleep.  Then we had a period where she woke up screaming and took an hour to calm down, sometimes twice a night, and now she is waking up having tantrums because of covers touching her.  She has basically always nursed at night.  I was able to mostly nightwean her while I was pregnant and...
We have a girls room and a boys room. :P  I sleep in the master bedroom with our two daughters (almost 4 and 1) and DH and our dog sleep in the kids room.  DH cannot sleep with me and the girls.  DD1 is a terrible sleeper and thrashes around a lot.  This arrangement works well for us, although I would really like to get DD1 in her own bed (next to mine).
Can I join?  I don't believe we should never yell as parents... but I am wanting to get rid of all unnecessary yelling.  My DD1 is almost 4 and I have a 9 month old DD2.  I have a lot of stress in my life and DD1 has some sensory issues which lead her to have huge meltdowns at times.  I always feel so much better if I come out of a stressful situation and have maintained my cool.   So far today has been good.  I also have a new strategy for DD1s middle of the night...
For me it would just depend on how well I knew the neighbours.  It sounds like you know them well enough and that you used good judgement.  We had neighbourhood friends growing up and we were always going into each others backyards without checking (starting around 7 or 8).  Going into someone's house was a different story. 
I am a ballet teacher and teach 3 year olds.  I don't think your daughters speech should be a problem at all!  Last year I had a class of 7 3 year olds, 2 had  delays, and 2 didn't know much english.  It was not a problem, although I wish I had known ahead of time because all 4 of them had trouble understanding basic directions.  Once I knew what was up it was easy to adjust appropriately.  If your daughter is understanding fine, she should have no problems.  Many...
No one? Tonight she had a 90 minute meltdown about the covers on the bed and my pjs touching her. .
Honestly I feel like I have tried it all.  The only thing I haven't stuck to is to force the issue - because it means we are up ALL night.  I stuck to it for a week and then I just couldn't take it anymore... she is very persistant!  She has a toddler bed right next to me which she will sometimes start the night out in but she always ends up with me.
I am totally not opposed to bribery for this situation. ;P Unfortunately NOTHING will get her to stop.  We tried letting her pick out a new doll... we even put a pic of it in our room so she could see it when she woke up.  No effect... although during the day she is totally in to the idea.   I did talk to my ped about it but he just said night wean and stop co-sleeping and everything will be better.  I really trust him overall, but for anything like sleep, food...
We did BLW with DD1, and now we are doing it with DD2 who is almost 9 months.  I can't imagine doing it any other way.  It just seems very natural.  I give DD bits of what we are having and just leave her to her own devices.  Sometimes I will help her if she is struggling with slippery food though. :P  Things I looked for was - tongue thrust gone, sitting on her own and pincer grasp.  I started about 7.5 months with DD2 but only offered food ever few days.  Now she eats...
I would go for a haircut and maybe a manicure or foot massage.  At the place I go to you could get a haircut from a jr. stylist and a 15 minute massage for about that much.