or Connect

Posts by Shannie77

Both my DDs do this, although I have stopped my almost 4 year old recently.  She also does the nipple twiddling and will have a big meltdown if I don't let her.  We are slowly making progress with stopping that.  My biggest advice to new BF mom's is to NOT allow the twiddling.  It isn't so bad when they are little.. but once they get bigger. OUCH!  DD2 is almost 9 months and does the switching and she tries to twiddle constantly (but I don't let her).  I don't mind the...
My daughter is a very spirited little girl and has been happy but high needs child since birth.  She will be 4 in May.  She is very extroverted, social and full of beans. ;)  She however has had some things that keep me up at night.   She basically had a rash or one form or another since she was an infant.  We saw a ND who did a test and it came back she is very sensitive to gluten, dairy and eggs.  From what I can tell she only gets rash symptoms if she has had a...
All of those options could work for me, but my top choice would be 5 half days.  That is popular here with dance, gymnastics etc. camps.  Many camps also offer (at an additional cost), before and after camp child care, so that parents really can use it as a daycare.
#1 4 days after EDD #2 2 days before EDD   I was charting so I was pretty certain my EDD were accurate
Thank you all for taking the time to reply.   I do own Raising Your Spirited Child, although I haven't done more then skim it.  This reminded me maybe it is time to actually read it. :P   I really like the idea of asking DD for solutions.  I know it probably won't lead to her night weaning but at least I can get in her head!  She is like a different person at night and there is no talking to her or rationalizing with her.  So something she says in the day will...
I so feel for you... I just posted on the parenting board about my DD who is almost 4's sleep issues.  I wish I had the answer...  WHen I was pregnant with #2 I did have some success nightweaning DD1.  It did involve some crying but it really helped.  Unfortunately that all went out the window when DD2 was born.  
I don't even know where to start... I am so tired, and frustrated.  My DD1 will be 4 in May.  She has always been a higher needs kid.  I always think of her as a "more" child.  She is just more of everything.  So while she is needier she also is filled with so much joy, humour and creativity.   We have always co-slept and I never really worried about getting her to sleep through the night.  I figured it would be something she would do when she was ready (or at least...
My DD is 8 months and I have just started with her.  I started at 6-7 months with DD1 and she was in undies in the day by a year.   Anyways... don't stop!! You are already ahead of lots of us late starters! ;)  I find my DD likes when I read books to her while she sits on the potty or when I occupy her with some toys.  I keep a few in the bathrooms for this purpose.  When I put her on the potty I have a basket I turn upside down and I set some toys on that.  I work...
I feel fortunate because my sister is having a girl who is due the same time as my two girls.  I am just passing on everything to her, except 2 baby outfits for each of them to put in their keepsake boxes.  I think if I were in your situation it would be harder... it is also harder when you go through everything and the memories come back.  I like the idea of keeping a small bag of the outfits that are really nice and in good condition.  Then if you have a friend or...
My hair also lives in a ponytail... although I am also a ballet teacher/ ex-dancer, so I am accustomed to rarely wearing my hair down. I did give myself bangs to change it up, but that didn't work out with this winter being SO static-y in our house!   I actually think pixie's look great on people with your body-type!!  I once had my hair very short, but honestly I found it more work then long hair because it took a lot for me to get it to look good, although mine was...