or Connect

Posts by Shannie77

I checked out some of the blogs that were mentioned in a previous post but honestly I found most of them depressing (for me).  I don't have the time or money to be all Martha Stewart about organizing! :P  Looking at these Martha Stewart-eque blogs just made me feel sad that I can't afford to buy colour coordinated files etc..  Also some of the decorating was more fussy then what I am into.  I have found some but they are more about tackling mass amounts of clutter,...
My DH has a work bench and shelving in the garage of our new house.  He is driving me bonkers leaving his tools everywhere and not throwing out things that are garbage.  We almost always have one project on the go... I could go on about the specifics of his messes but I don't think it would matter.   So my question is... Any suggestions on organizing tools, screws, etc.  that is REALLY easy to use?  I got him one of those plastic containers with all sorts of...
What about a clear plastic container/ case with a lid?  Our dollar store has tons of containers of all different shapes.  I keep all our "medicine" type things in one and it works well for us.  I have also seen midwives with really nice metal cases for their homeopathic remedies, but I don't know where you could get such a case or if it would fit generic containers.
Are you using the BB little potty or the big one?  If you aren't using the little one it might be worth a shot.  At 14 months your DD would be in a squat position on it.  Have you tried putting her on it when she doesn't have to pee and just reading books or doing finger games etc.?  Another thought... could she squat over the potty?
I started at 6 months with DD1, by a year she was basically graduated and she hasn't had an accident since she was 18 months.   With DD2 I wanted to do it from birth.  I had several catches when she was 7-9 weeks and then I gave up.  I just found it too overwhelming and discouraging that I wasn't doing better.  I have just started her back up and we have had 3 misses and 7 catches today. :)  
We started ECing our first at 6 months.  We used the Baby Bjorn little potty which puts them in a squat-like position.  DD basically pooped in the potty exclusively from 7 months on.  I think we had one poo accident after the first poop and I remember she was squatting when she pooped. :)   DD2 we actually just started ECing this week and it is incredible how easily she is taking to it. :)  She definitely is preferring the BBLP over sitting on a potty insert.
I ECed my first daughter starting at 6 months, and at a year she was clearly signing and only wore diapers for long trips etc.  I think it took a month before she started to get it.   I wanted to start right away with DD2 but I felt way too overwhelmed.  Just this week I decided it was time to start.  This is the 4th day doing it and each time I have put her on the potty she has peed right away!!!  Right from day 1 we have had about 3-4 catches a day.    Anyways...
I started ECing with DD1 when she was 6 months and used a combo of toilet insert and bjorn potty - but mostly the potty.  With DD2 I have just started with her and she is 8 months.  She does not like to sit in the insert, but will happily sit on the BBLP.  I can leave her there and give her a toy and she is OK on her own.   I have been putting DD2 on the potty when she wakes up and she usually pee's twice, one right away and another about 10-15 mins later.  Then I...
I have to agree with the other posters.   I know my family would of been crushed if we hadn't let them see our DDs in that first month.  Everyone was great and kept their visits short, and usually brought some food etc..    I have gently told my immediate family about our toy preferences.  My parents and sisters are totally on board.  Most other people just don't get it - but they do seem to listen if I suggest books or clothes.  A lot of toys get donated and I am OK...
* The more declutter and organized I am the easier it is to keep things clean and put away * I like that my house is now pretty much "up to standard" for visitors all the time * I feel more calm and peaceful in my home... although honestly until it is perfect I will still feel anxious about a few cupboards etc.